• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) 30/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do care, or I wouldn't spend hours talking about it on here. Broadly speaking I'm unhappy with our direction though, which isn't great, and the issue is I haven't seen anything that suggests we'll get much better, which is troubling. While people say it shouldn't matter what he says, it does matter. I quite like our managers to be likable and good/interesting to listen to, Mick was, Nuno was, Taylor was. Lage has far more in common with Jones or McGhee than any of those. Plus he listens to U2 far more than is healthy for someone who doesn't live in 1987.

He can start to right it by not playing the exact same way tomorrow but I won't hold my breath.
I quite liked Achtung Baby.

Watched Woking last weekend (where I went often in the late 1980's) v Wrexham (who are still challenging for promotion into the 2nd division)

Entertaining if slightly agricultural at times with a Woking late goal to win which would have graced any Championship match (& some Premier Lg games)

Enjoyed that more than some games I have spent a load of money coming up to Molineux.

The owners need to decide what they want us to be - chall;enge for the top end (which will take money) or not and we fiddle around in mid table which will come and bite us with a relegation at some point - many clubs have gone that way.

3.5 hours into our journey down to Wolves on the hottest train in the UK, such things dreams are made of!

Would love us to do something a bit different and maybe play 352 with Hwang and Raul/Fabio up top (if there is any point in Hwang it's in the box not wide).

Fully expecting 343 and to lose 1-0 though.

That’s the worst front 2 since Kenny’s time.

Well, it's different.

Ruben back

If you are gonna play a front two, at least play our actual strikers ffs.

We'll also see Donck playing quite high on the right too so we'll have a front three of him, Fabio and Hwang. Eek.

If you are gonna play a front two, at least play our actual strikers ffs.

We'll also see Donck playing quite high on the right too so we'll have a front three of him, Fabio and Hwang. Eek.
Oh man I was thinking it'll be 3 in midfield but it probably will be donk playing wide right, notionally at least

So, is it front 2 of Fabio and Hwang or a front 3 including Donk? Not optimistic either way, and just do not see how Hwang keeps getting games, he's absolute dogshit.

I don't mind Hwang in a 2 as long as that's where he plays. If he just drifts wide left leaving Silva isolated then it'll be a waste of time.

Love seeing Ruben back :love:

According to the podcast casts that are available Fabio had been ‘unbelievable’ for weeks now so, no problem… (as ever I’m walking to the ground so I genuinely want my pessimism to be misplaced). Neto and Raul could be starting this game and we’ve decided Hwang is a better bet, so…

I have no problem with Fabio starting, he's performed well enough in general to keep it. But he's our best attacking threat in this line up and he hasn't actually scored this season.... yet. Relying a lot on the wing-backs to create here which they rarely do for us.

It has got to be 352. He can't have decided to go with the 343 with that lineup surely!

It has got to be 352. He can't have decided to go with the 343 with that lineup surely!
It is but at times Donck will push on into the space where the right forward of a three would be.

I’ll be following it on and off from a beach in Christchurch. Lage has killed my enthusiasm to the point that I’m genuinely not that bothered about missing the match, which takes some doing.

Hwang being in the starting 11 again shows I’ve made the right call. Still hope we win, though!

Our only wing-back who crosses early is the one that shouldn't (Marcal). Ait Nouri did great there to beat him, put the ball into the space across the goal ffs

Brighton moving it around nicely. We’re limited to hoofs down the channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back