• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:
That was a very stupid yellow from Gomes at the end.

Means he's one away from a 2 match ban, with the cutoff being after the Forest game next Saturday.

EDIT - Same for Semedo.

Last edited:
Yawn. Dull game, baffling tactics, and time wasting for a draw against a really shit team.

Reactions: b3h
Positive: A few mins for Cunha and he has apparently emerged unscathed.
Ait-Nouri ...fun to watch even if he makes the wrong decisions in front of goal.
Sa ... very good and some crucial saves.

Disappointed with a draw. Full strength team takes them apart.... perhaps!

Burnley ... horrendously useless. One game plan... get free kicks and launch it.
Hopefully the last we've seen of them for a while.

*something vague about how this isn't the worst possible result*

Hard for me, personally, to be upset at 42 points from 30 games played, but appreciate that missing Europe will still frustrate some.

Result does neither any good but probably fair, we probably have the better chances second half but nowhere near enough to feel hard done by.
Sorry to be a doom merchant but Europe isn’t happening, the squads way too thin to maintain any run of consistency. Key is not to have an abysmal end and just try and come top half.

The result most expected based on the predict the score thread. The way Sarabia continues to treat our young forwards is so, so poor

Fair result. Didn't think it was awful considering what was available in an attacking sense. The RAN chance was the one again, straight at the keeper, could have rolled it across and Chiwome would have had a tap in.

Sa MOTM. Several saves that earned the point, that we just about deserved.

Fair result. Didn't think it was awful considering what was available in an attacking sense. The RAN chance was the one again, straight at the keeper, could have rolled it across and Chiwome would have had a tap in.
Or rolled it in either corner….

The result most expected based on the predict the score thread. The way Sarabia continues to treat our young forwards is so, so poor
I honestly haven’t noticed this but maybe I’m not paying enough attention!

*something vague about how this isn't the worst possible result*

Hard for me, personally, to be upset at 42 points from 30 games played, but appreciate that missing Europe will still frustrate some.
Quite, just checked the where will we finish poll, almost 55% of the votes were between 15th and 17th.

I honestly haven’t noticed this but maybe I’m not paying enough attention!
His gesticulating has been much less "you were there, but you should go here" and much more "I can't believe you weren't here, you unbelievably useless fucko"

His gesticulating has been much less "you were there, but you should go here" and much more "I can't believe you weren't here, you unbelievably useless fucko"
Combined with another wank pass.

I’ve been a big supporter of his but he’s been really really poor.

Reactions: b3h
Ultimately we've finally got out of this awful period of having no forwards, so that's a plus, as is a point.

Onwards now, and with hopefully Dawson back soon too.

Looking at the table it’s just as likely we’ll come 13th as opposed to 8th.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Partly because of our obvious squad depth issues but also us reverting to the mean a little too.

Back