• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We made more bad signings when Sellars was around, and he obviously didn't help himself with the tactics board (still funny to think that actually happened).

With Hobbs now it's pretty clear that his hands are tied. Bellegarde and Bueno aren't great signings, but they also aren't that bad. Plus, he was the one that brought O'Neil in.

I'm still not sold on him as the messiah that some claim, but Lopetegui and O'Neil have made it clear that he's been on their side.

With O'Neil also stating that he voiced his concerns about the squad going into January and that Hobbs supported him, it seems pretty clear to me (as many thought at the time) that they were both told Sasa and Silva leaving would allow them to get a player in. So I'm not sure what we'd be blaming him for?

Agree the FFP stuff is crap, and our owners are the biggest problem right now. I just listened to Keen and Judah's podcast and Keen constantly referencing it as the reason for this 'strategy'. So annoying to listen to when the figures say it all. We're £113m without allowable deductions, which The Athletic forecast at around £17m a year. They're (Keen and Madeley) essentially claiming we're on course to lose £22m for PSR purposes this season which simply cannot be the case.

As an aside, Keen was keen ( :) ) to point out that O'Neil went off on his own with what he described as a 'rant' last night. Was asked a question about the West Ham game and started moaning about January.

Access journalism sucks, it's one of the worst things about sport's media. Offers no value.

As an aside do people have podcast recs? In the market for one that doesn't shovel the FFP/PSR excues since most of the Wolves Fancast these days is just accepting verbatim what the club puts out. Been going downhill since a few years back anyway and just tired of listening to it tbh.

Sorry I'm focusing on one player during game.
Sarabia:
I think Sarabia forgets what its like to not be in the starting XI. When he made his appearance against Spurs nobody thought he was going to make a difference. He needs to make the youngsters as good as possible but I believe he just doesn't feel they can score so he holds ball up.
I'm kinda out on Sarabia now. Unless it's come direct from GON (which would make it his problem), his attitude to playing with Fraser or Chiwome is disgraceful from a senior player on top dollar in the middle of an injury crisis. As Alan said, some of his gesticulations are Podence-esque. Not a good thing.

Access journalism sucks, it's one of the worst things about sport's media. Offers no value.

As an aside do people have podcast recs? In the market for one that doesn't shovel the FFP/PSR excues since most of the Wolves Fancast these days is just accepting verbatim what the club puts out. Been going downhill since a few years back anyway and just tired of listening to it tbh.

The Wolves ones are mostly all rubbish.

The 77 club is the only bearable one as they're just down to earth lads talking about the football. The kind of football chat you'd have in the pub with your mates pre/post game. You won't get any amazing insight from them but at least they're not trying to sell themselves as the Wolves version of Arsenal FanTV, spouting ridiculous nonsense just for views or playing make-believe at being a journalist like some of the other Wolves podcasts.

Back