• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 15/7 Build-Up & Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even setting aside his shoulder, Traore's been far more potent off the bench against tired players than on from the start.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I suppose what I'm commenting on is what an impact DP made in 65 minutes on Sunday & my own astonishment at finding I wouldn't start Adama

I'm going to question this fact around the 1966-67 season. The United Soccer Association (as in LA Wolves) was played May - July 1967 and was a competitive tournament; but I can't find the date that our first game in 1966-67 was.

1966/67 English season began on 20th August, Wolves lost at home to Brum City in Division Two, their last game was on 13th May 1967, an away loss to Crystal Palace.

1967/68 Season began on 19th August with Wolves now in Division One and winning away at Fulham. The last game of the season was on 11th May 1968, a 2-1 home win vs Spurs

I think it could be Moutinho for Neto too..we need him on freekicks and corners..

I think it could be Moutinho for Neto too..we need him on freekicks and corners..

I'm pretty sure that one of the other, highly paid professional footballers, can manage to kick a ball into the penalty area and Neves can kick them at the goal...

I'm pretty sure that one of the other, highly paid professional footballers, can manage to kick a ball into the penalty area and Neves can kick them at the goal...

well yeah, it should but to do it over and over with concistency is way harder, even for a pro..

Big fan of Moutinho but I'd hardly say his corners are that good that he should be played for that reason alone.

Of course not..he offers a lot more than that too

I will [emoji846]

I'm not disagreeing with you. I suppose what I'm commenting on is what an impact DP made in 65 minutes on Sunday & my own astonishment at finding I wouldn't start Adama

I’d start podence in this one because he had a great game, and we have to be careful of Adamas shoulder - plus the Burnley centre backs will really struggle With podences size - but Adama has had a fantastic season, whilst Pod has had two very good games. I wouldn’t be thinking pod should always start and Adama should always be on the bench, we now have 4 excellent options for those two positions.

glad to hear neto just had a cramp. he seemed pretty upset on the pitch though, kinda surprised to hear that's all it was

I am a huge fan of Moutinho, however Neto's dead ball delivery has been better imo.

Keep Burnley guessing & not announce which 2 of the 4 are playing till as late as we can.

They all have skills, but they are different so give them something to have to work out in a short space of time.

Burnley defenders won't be able to lean on Podence to get him off the ball as he will only come up to just above their waists

I’d start podence in this one because he had a great game, and we have to be careful of Adamas shoulder - plus the Burnley centre backs will really struggle With podences size - but Adama has had a fantastic season, whilst Pod has had two very good games. I wouldn’t be thinking pod should always start and Adama should always be on the bench, we now have 4 excellent options for those two positions.

Why would Burnley struggle with small players?

Two good games, he's only played one?

What are you on about man?

Great to hear Neto just had cramp, we have so many options right now from midfield and especially in the front three apart from that we have to play Raul every game(not complaining about that)..makes it even harder to predict the starting XI tomorrow

Why would Burnley struggle with small players?

Two good games, he's only played one?

What are you on about man?

Burnley struggle with small players because their defenders are built for the physical battle, it’s much harder to shoulder someone off the ball when your shoulder is above their head.

And He played in the Europa league before lockdown and set up both goals against Espanyol as I recall?

Podence has actually played and scored at Turf Moor before. Beat them with Olympiacos in the Europa League.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Burnley struggle with small players because their defenders are built for the physical battle, it’s much harder to shoulder someone off the ball when your shoulder is above their head.

And He played in the Europa league before lockdown and set up both goals against Espanyol as I recall?

My son reckons Podence has an advantage because he's below the sightline of tall players so they don't notice his run! :icon_biggrin:

Both theories are utter nonsense, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back