• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 2/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Cunha playing seems a big gamble but I guess there’s only a few games left where even if everyone was fit you’d expect us to win so why not?

Cunha playing seems a big gamble but I guess there’s only a few games left where even if everyone was fit you’d expect us to win so why not?
He's got all summer to get over it. :rolleyes:

Feels brilliant to have a guy like Matheus Cunha desperate to play for the club after years of disrespectful shite from wank like Fábio Silva and Gonçalo Guedes.

He's got all summer to get over it. :rolleyes:
Three weeks ago we played Neto when I’d have preferred we were cautious and saved him for Coventry. We’re now out of the cup and surely want to finish as high as possible. Three points is not an unreasonable hope at Burnley and having watched us lately they’re certainly more likely if Cunha is fit and can play.

Call me miserable, but I find April Fools as funny as Mrs Brown’s Boys. You pretty much have to disregard social media for 24 hours to whittle out the shite.
Last 4 or 5 years every day has been April Fools Day on social media

Call me unfunny but when my lad’s were nippers every April 1st I would go into their bedroom first thing and say, ‘it’s white over’, they fell for it for years.
They are both now in their mid forties and I send them a txt every year with various snow emojis, including this morning.

Feels brilliant to have a guy like Matheus Cunha desperate to play for the club after years of disrespectful shite from wank like Fábio Silva and Gonçalo Guedes.
More chance of a summer move if he's playing regularly...

I don't think there was ever a lack of effort with Silva, he just wasn't/isn't good enough.

Would be offering far more than the young lads we're having to play up front at the moment though.

Fuck this day and fuck my gullibility.

Would like to see a win but not sure we can outscore anyone at the moment. It's not a question of playing with passion but rather a level of skill in front of the goal to be able to score. Doesn't quite have the same feel as with Bruno Lage when we went into every game trying to scratch out a 0-0 result. Playing RAN further up and Lemina more central should help. Here in the states, we get to watch on Peacock though.

I reckon this will be a score draw. If I had to guess, I'll go for 1-1.

They've been showing a bit of fight recently but even with our issues going forward, we should have enough to get something here. As DW said, it hasn't been a happy hunting ground for us over the last few years. Realistically if we want to stay in the Europe mix, we need to get all three points, but we don't generally do well when we have the majority of possession, so that's why I think a draw is likely.

I don't think Cunha will be fit enough to start - but it would be a pleasant surprise if he did. Likewise with Dawson.

I think we'll lose tonight, unless Dawson is back, then I see a draw.

Unless it's a set piece I just can't see us scoring if we don't have Cunha back.

Speaking of set pieces Burnley looked really strong on them against Chelsea, which is a concern without Dawson.

All things revised if Cunha plays, as whilst he may not be sharp, he'll give everyone a lift by being involved.

I think he'll start of he's been pushing GON to play against Villa. He might only last 45-60 mins but that's fine as long as he's managed and doesn't have any setbacks.

Hugo and Doherty in for Doyle and Santi..

Back