• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 2/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Big save from Sa.

We need some fresh legs on. Doyle & Cunha please.

Fucked up a Couple of chances to release a counter where we had numbers forward before hand left us in bother. Need to be better in those positions

We can literally ALL see it’s wave after wave of Burnley attacks.

Do something, Gaz.

Too many lacklustre performances tonight. Lemina, Sarabia, Bueno, Semedo (second half).

Got to be Traore, there's no point in Doyle here, it's like being pressed by a toddler. Though you could easily bring both Lemina and Gomes off today tbf

To be running through our midfield of Lemina and Gomes? Yes definitely.
Our biggest issue defensively across this season is the big gap between defence and midfield and the opposition just strolling through us. Lemina and Gomes are great individually at pressing and winning the ball back but we ask too much of them and lack discipline as a unit.

Really annoys me when a manager just doesn’t do anything when his teams under the cosh. Particularly at this stage of a game.

Doc with a chance to cross for Chiwome there but he’s not interested. Need Cunha on.

Really annoys me when a manager just doesn’t do anything when his teams under the cosh. Particularly at this stage of a game.

Doc with a chance to cross for Chiwome there but he’s not interested. Need Cunha on.
Tbf we don’t have many other options. Sometimes you just have to ride it out I think which we seem to have just about done

Our biggest issue defensively across this season is the big gap between defence and midfield and the opposition just strolling through us. Lemina and Gomes are great individually at pressing and winning the ball back but we ask too much of them and lack discipline as a unit.
I'd be super curious what Lemina and Gomes' heat maps look like when they play as a CM pair. They both seem to cover so much ground trying to fill the weird gaps we leave when trying to get forward.

One area we could improve this; we pick awful times to put the ball in the box from that perspective, and since our crossing tends to be pretty crap, if we put them in with basically anybody just a smidge out of position, we lay out a red carpet for the opposition.

Gary, or some coach, surely must be able to see this. I hope.

Doc (he has been fine) looks absolutely knackered now. Bueno hasn't done 90 minutes in forever. Midfield 2 look leggy as fuck. Chiwome is a child and he's put a proper shift in. We really need a few changes and there's plenty of options that aren't going to be a massive drop off or huge reorganisation

Back