• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want Neves & Moutinho together. Donk or Otasowie with Ruben, please.

Tredman's team but Silva in for Traore. Can't be doing with Adama anywhere but the bench at the moment.

If we move to 4-2-3-1 to break them down and get a win then I would go:

Patrício

Semedo Coady Saïss Marçal

Neves Otasowie

Podence Vitinha Neto

Silva

Clearly going to be a physical battle, so Saiss and Boly at the back plus Coady.
Neves and a fit Donk in midfield. Neves and OO if Donk isn't fit
Semedo? I'll just have to cover my eyes when the ball is in the air
Silva will get kicked to fuck by Burnley's CBs so it is 7 - 10 - 37 for me.
Villa hammered them on xG last night so we should be OK with our quick forwards

Edit: altho I suspect Adama may not be fit, so Vitinha behind Pod and Ped

Clearly going to be a physical battle, so Saiss and Boly at the back plus Coady.
Neves and a fit Donk in midfield. Neves and OO if Donk isn't fit
Semedo? I'll just have to cover my eyes when the ball is in the air
Silva will get kicked to fuck by Burnley's CBs so it is 7 - 10 - 37 for me.
Villa hammered them on xG last night so we should be OK with our quick forwards

Edit: altho I suspect Adama may not be fit, so Vitinha behind Pod and Ped
Semedo has made a couple of brilliant* clearing headers towards the back post in the last few game, he covers that area really well. It's the lack of support he gets in a 4-4-2 that's the problem as teams overload down his side.

*Brilliant because I'm used to Doc either watching the ball drift over his head or just not actually being there over the last few seasons

Would go 4 at the back to start with & overwhelm them early on - we can draw back later on if we get a couple ahead.

Their defense is strong & physical, but not as quick as our forwards.

I would risk Silva at first, he is going to have to learn about these issues with Podence & Neto alongside him.

If Boly is not right then start with Semedo - Coady - Saiss - Marcal

I think Otasowie would be useful in this game, gives us extra height for set pieces and obvious physicality in midfield. His technique is good enough to help us move the ball quickly plus he'd be an extra body breaking from midfield and possibly a late arriver into the box for crosses

I would be inclined not to mess around too much after finding a decent groove against Chelsea. I'd keep the same team but maybe give Otasowie a start instead of Donk.

Tredmans team for me

Looked at DW's team and thought 'nothing controversial here, nobody will disagree with that.'

Wrong as usual.

Apart from Traore who would be a disaster as the target man... What has Silva done wrong to get dropped???
Yes - do not put Traore there, he really can't play that role.

Silva has to learn how to deal with a physical back line & only did an hour in the last game - he won't learn if he is not given the chance & has come close to scoring (would love to see him put 1 away in this game)

TBH Silva will be hammered by Mee and Tarkowski..he is 18 years old and not built for that game

TBH Silva will be hammered by Mee and Tarkowski..he is 18 years old and not built for that game
TBH - Traore is the only one we have who has the physical presence to withstand them (unless you are going to play Boly up there) & he really shouldn't be playing as the front man.

Silva is going to have to be quick enough to avoid them.

TBH - Traore is the only one we have who has the physical presence to withstand them (unless you are going to play Boly up there) & he really shouldn't be playing as the front man.

Silva is going to have to be quick enough to avoid them.
Don't agree but respect your opinion

Only learn by playing against them.
Hide him away from games like this and its pointless for his progression
well, yeah you have a point Kenny but I think its a bit early for that

Don't agree but respect your opinion
Accept that, but what other choice do we have - the other forwards (Neto or Podence) are not the biggest physical presences either & Traore just doesn't fit that role.

We are just going to try and avoid a confrontation unless it's off a corner or free kick when we can get some of the bigger guys up from the back line.

Accept that, but what other choice do we have - the other forwards (Neto or Podence) are not the biggest physical presences either & Traore just doesn't fit that role.

We are just going to try and avoid a confrontation unless it's off a corner or free kick when we can get some of the bigger guys up from the back line.
Huntelaar in january ;) haha

Silva’s 18, he can’t be playing every game especially against shithouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back