• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least RAN is playing when it’s a 5. That is the right call. Kilman in for Boly is a given if he’s not 100% and then Nuno obviously feels Otasowie will offer more than Silva

A bit negative it feels like really. Not too sure the plan there

Wow to that selection... Be interesting to see if we can run the Burnley defense around

Yes good news for Otasowie - he deserves it after last week.

A lot on our WBs to get forward I think. Could be a very interesting game.

I suspect Kilman is on right ahead of Hoever as most of his work will be aerial so being on wrong side won't matter too much. Definitely need wingbacks to get forward so Neto and Pod can play more centrally.

Win the midfield battle and plenty of attack down the wings it looks like. Just keep those crosses fast and low, boys!

May work or may not, but there's certainly options in the squad

I read it as - big lads to fight with their strikers/handle set pieces, the midfield then dominates possession and the strikers and wing backs try and get behind them to create chances.

hope it works.

Their free kicks and corners are going to be worrying...

Could Saiss be in midfield as a sort of diamond?

Saiss and Kilman as CBs with Boly on the bench is just weird

Could Saiss be in midfield as a sort of diamond?

Saiss and Kilman as CBs with Boly on the bench is just weird
Very doubtful. Boly is obviously not fully fit otherwise he would definitely be starting. They already took 2 of the under 23s best players for the bench today so with having 9 subs I'm assuming Boly is just a body to put on there. Highly doubt we will see him on the pitch at any point tonight

Very doubtful. Boly is obviously not fully fit otherwise he would definitely be starting. They already took 2 of the under 23s best players for the bench today so with having 9 subs I'm assuming Boly is just a body to put on there. Highly doubt we will see him on the pitch at any point tonight
Yeh, the 9 subs is pretty pointless. Norris is on theirs as a 3rd keeper

A lot of changes in one go, but an experiment I'm okay with on paper.

Can see Otasowie trying to burst into the box and get onto the end of some things.

Surprised Marcal not LCB but Kilman should help with the Dyche ball into Wood and Barnes.

A bit negative it feels like really. Not too sure the plan there

Yeah, it feels a bit flat to me judging it on paper.

Saiss has struggled on the right hand side of the back three previously and Kilman didn't look any better in his 45 minutes playing that side of the back four on it's first run out. Not many options there without Boly and Dendoncker though so perhaps better to have gone with four at the back instead or could've dropped Hoever in to keep it as a three, didn't Otasowie start out as a centre half?

Midfield looks a particularly negative to me too, not like Burnley are any great shakes in that area and very rarely pose much of a threat breaking from midfield so seems weird to have the three arranged like that with one sitting deep to cover runs which are unlikely to occur, also means potentially going to be stuck with too many men behind the ball as a result. Would've thought it made more sense to have a more advanced midfielder if going for three bodies in there, akin to the way they started against Chelsea.

Would've certainly kept Silva involved, especially playing as a pair up top, can see the two picked buzzing around a lot but Burnley centre halves likely to just stay in position and block anything off at the edge of the box than go chasing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back