• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 21/12 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with whoever said that there's no way Otasowie starts while Moutinho & Neves are available. It'll be those 2 if Dendoncker is out.

If Adama doesn't play (I think he will), then I wouldn't mind Vitinha starting in the 10, with Neto & Podence playing either side of him and Fabio up top. There's not a lot of experience between those 4, but potential wise, it's through the roof.

Otasowie & Neves as the two central midfielders in behind them with a back 4 of Marcal, Saiss, Coady & Semedo. That's what I would go with and I reckon we could cause Burnley some trouble.

---------------Fabio-------------
Podence-----Vitinha-------Neto
-------Otasowie---Neves-------
Marcal--Saiss--Coady--Semedo
------------Patricio--------------

Something like that.
I wouldn't mind this. Might be a bit much to chuck Vitinha in (Nuno seems to be careful giving him time), but I would love to see him in a game where we need to break a team down and this would probably be it!

All you guys with 4 at the back will be crying by 8pm if Nuno agrees, I tell thee...

If Adama doesn't play (I think he will), then I wouldn't mind Vitinha starting in the 10, with Neto & Podence playing either side of him and Fabio up top. There's not a lot of experience between those 4, but potential wise, it's through the roof.

Otasowie & Neves as the two central midfielders in behind them with a back 4 of Marcal, Saiss, Coady & Semedo. That's what I would go with and I reckon we could cause Burnley some trouble.

---------------Fabio-------------
Podence-----Vitinha-------Neto
-------Otasowie---Neves-------
Marcal--Saiss--Coady--Semedo
------------Patricio--------------

Something like that.
yeah I quite like that, my only real concern would be defending set pieces, only real height is Saiss and Otasowie

I'd also go Neves and Moutinho by the way (whether it's a back four or back five)

I do think Adama is a better option from the bench at the moment. Otasowie showed a physical strength and drive on his debut that has been missing a bit from Dendonker. The result was he created space for Neves to thrive and drive the second half of the game. It caused Chelsea plenty of problems. I understand that was only one game but it made a lot of difference. For the Chelsea Goal Patricio was unlucky and Boly flat footed but other than that we looked ok defensively after half time. So I would not be changing anything other than Dendonker for Otasowie. That will give us extra options off the bench and a strength on the pitch from the start. I think it will be a tough tight game. Maybe 1-0 or 1-1.

Some team selections have us down to just Saiss!
Yep, if we have Saiss and Coady in a 2 CB partnership, plus Neves and Moutinho as our CM, I'm gunna be cacking my pants at set pieces......Nuno is a bit too pragmatic to go down that road I think.

Agree with whoever said that there's no way Otasowie starts while Moutinho & Neves are available. It'll be those 2 if Dendoncker is out.
Yeah, that was me. It's not what I'd go with, but it's what Nuno will pick.

I would expect Nuno's team to be (injuries permitting)

.............................Rui
Semedo....Boly...Coady..Saiss. ..Marcal
...............Neves..........Moutinho
........Podence....Silva/Traore........Neto

Plenty of rumours about injuries to Boly, Adama and Donk. Got to have some height in the team to defend set pieces. Maybe loan Matt Doherty back for the night?

game day2.png
This picture has messed with all my preconceptions of height and physicality

Attachments

• game day2.png
    game day2.png
    521.4 KB · Views: 1
tenor.gif

Incidentally I might look at what our win percentage is with Neves and Moutinho playing in a two. I suspect it'll be suspiciously high for players who "can't play together".

Exactly. I don't want Moutinho/Neves as the two in the middle, but that's what Nuno will pick.
You didn’t say “there’s no way Otasowie starts ahead of Neves or Moutinho”.

Highlighting “it was me, it was me” is strange enough, but more so when you never said it?

tenor.gif

Incidentally I might look at what our win percentage is with Neves and Moutinho playing in a two. I suspect it'll be suspiciously high for players who "can't play together".
I'd be really interested in this stat. My view is that neither plays well if they both play together

You didn’t say “there’s no way Otasowie starts ahead of Neves or Moutinho”.

Highlighting “it was me, it was me” is strange enough, but more so when you never said it?
Sigh.

I can't really be bothered with a schoolyard squabble, mate. So you crack on.

Looks like Corbeanu and Perry will be on the bench tonight. Shabani starts for the u23's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back