• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (H) 5/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but wish we'd had current day Lemina in the squad for the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.

Off topic but wish we'd had current day Lemina in the squad for the 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.
Maybe, Donck was better then than people remember though (had a horrible drop off a cliff from mid-2020, of course) and if we were 3-4-3, he wouldn't play ahead of Neves or Moutinho, not a chance.

Current day Neto instead of Costa or Cavaleiro in 2018/19 would be more likely to have an impact.

Last edited:
Maybe, Donck was better then than than people remember though (had a horrible drop off a cliff from mid-2020, of course) and if we were 3-4-3, he wouldn't play ahead of Neves or Moutinho, not a chance.

Current day Neto instead of Costa or Cavaleiro in 2018/19 would be more likely to have an impact.
True. Took him a while to get in and around the team the first season though didnt it? Still think Lemina is more dynamic than Dendonker.

Yeah, Donck basically hardly played before Christmas in the first season.

Yeah, Donck basically hardly played before Christmas in the first season.
On as a sub for the Chelsea game? Formation change and turned the match round if I remember rightly, which I probably don’t.

On as a sub for the Chelsea game? Formation change and turned the match round if I remember rightly, which I probably don’t.
MGW's first start in a PL game IIRC?

Turning point in the season. We'd been on an iffy run and gone 1-0 down against Chelsea, before turning things around second half with Jota, Jimenez and MGW all linking well. Pretty sure it's the game where Bennett put in an excellent sliding tackle on Willian(?) just before half time.

Bentley a potential problem?
Don't mind Sarabia for Bellegarde in the starting line up.

Anybody else having problem selecting Wolves match on Prime?

WTF! An early booking for them, then Lemina really should have been booked there.

Nah, worked/working fine.

Commentators already wanking themselves silly over Kompany/Burnley. So weird 😂
Normally, I can get a channel here in Germany but not tonight so I have to put up with a British commentary team going on and on about Burnley. Wish they'd just STFU for a few seconds.

Normally, I can get a channel here in Germany but not tonight so I have to put up with a British commentary team going on and on about Burnley. Wish they'd just STFU for a few seconds.
Oh and the ref is Jarred Gillett... not looking forward to his antics.

Slow out the gates again here. Passing sideways along the back line and losing it immediately as soon as we get near the halfway line.

Atmosphere seems really flat. Can’t blame the fans for that - pretty poor start - no one taking a risk or doing anything offensively.

At least we’re not losing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back