• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burton (A) 30/9 Build-Up Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Don't think Boly is in contention so:

-----------------------Ruddy----------------------

-----------Batth------Miranda----Hause---------

Marshall------N'Diaye------Saiss--------Douglas

-----------Costa-----Bonatini-----Jota---------------

Subs: Norris, Doherty, Vinagre, Neves, Ronan, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare

Unfortunately another below par performance/result would leave a sour taste in the mouth during the international break. The Hull away game sticks in my head in that we looked the real deal and had me thinking we would only get better - ah well if we win all looking rosy again

I think Nuno likes to see a *bit* of pace at wing back (I'd imagine thats why he tried Graham there) - Marshall has pretty much no pace at all, i'd class him as a fair bit slower than Doc, which is a very low bar to hit.

I hope to see:

-----------Miranda------Saiss----Hause---------

Doherty------N'Diaye------Neves--------Douglas

Don't think Boly is in contention so:

-----------Batth------Miranda----Hause---------

Marshall------N'Diaye------Saiss--------Douglas

Subs: Norris, Doherty, Vinagre, Neves, Ronan, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare

Swap Doc for marshall and that will do. Rest for Neves, we should have enough for a hard fought win.

I believe Doherty has the grand total of 0 assists and 0 goals this season, despite spending huge amounts of time in the opposition's final third - he was dirt against Barnsley and put in his standard performance last night by all accounts when asked to actually defend.

We aren't going to know if Marshall is an option there until we try him, and we aren't going to get many better opportunities than this game.

We aren't going to know if Marshall is an option there until we try him, and we aren't going to get many better opportunities than this game.

As we do a lot of 11 v 11 games in training, you have to presume Marshall has been tried there and hence why he isn't appearing there in games. We have seen Bennett, Graham, Ronan and Oskar Buur play in that position since pre-season and into the season if we were going to play him at RWB I think he would have appeared there by now

-----------Miranda------Batth----Hause---------

Doherty------N'Diaye------Saiss-----------Vinagre

This team for me.

Burton are missing 2 regular defenders and like to start games fast.
They put a lot of balls into the box in the first 10/15 mins against Villa so we need
to be aware of that.

I would still play Neves with Saiss personally. Vinagre for Douglas if Baz is still struggling. Hopefully Hause is fit.

The Burton STHs I know said to me last night they simply can't defend against pace. Their defenders are all too slow and got ripped by both Man Utd and Villa. Should bode well for Jota/Costa.

I'll be at this one obvs. We can't be any worse than last season down there in any case.

We've got like 7 CBs on the books, don't want to be in a situation when where we are playing our best CM at CB.

If Hause is fit he has to come in, he was on the bench against Rovers so he must be there or thereabouts. Marshall or Doc, not really fussed. Rest picks itself fitness permitting

-----------Miranda------Batth----Hause---------

Doherty------N'Diaye------Saiss-----------Vinagre

This team for me.

Burton are missing 2 regular defenders and like to start games fast.
They put a lot of balls into the box in the first 10/15 mins against Villa so we need
to be aware of that.

Hause must be fit - was on the bench & says that he is so now is his time. If Douglas is not quite right then Vinagre back & Neves sounds as if he needs a break (he won't necessarily get one during the Int break as will be off with a Portugal team of some description). Weakest link in that team is still unfortunately Doherty, but no real obvious challenger

Burton will sit deep, kick lumps and hit us on the counter.

-----------Miranda------Saiss-----Hause---------

Doc----------N'Diaye------Neves--------Douglas

We need everyone to be comfortable on the ball here as it could get quite frustrating, if only Vinagre was right footed :(

Oh and I am not jumping on the drop Neves bandwagon, he is still crucial to the way we play and with the additional mobility of N'Diaye it will compliment him. I didn't see the Barnsley game so perhaps he had a stinker there but the criticism he is getting for the Sheff Utd game is unfair IMO (penalty aside).

I've no problem giving Neves a break. Problem is we likely need Saiss at CB tomorrow.

Hause will play tomorrow.

Nuno doesn't do slowly slowly comebacks - See Marshall & Costa for that.

For those that didn't rate Boly I wonder what they think now, losing him has had quite a large impact IMO especially when we have the ball. Can't wait to see him and Hause with Miranda and Coady fighting for that middle spot.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Burton will sit deep, kick lumps and hit us on the counter.

-----------Miranda------Saiss-----Hause---------

Doc----------N'Diaye------Neves--------Douglas

We need everyone to be comfortable on the ball here as it could get quite frustrating, if only Vinagre was right footed :(

Oh and I am not jumping on the drop Neves bandwagon, he is still crucial to the way we play and with the additional mobility of N'Diaye it will compliment him. I didn't see the Barnsley game so perhaps he had a stinker there but the criticism he is getting for the Sheff Utd game is unfair IMO (penalty aside).

Like your team selection and thoughts about ALL players being comfortable on the ball. Something which has compromised Neves because the quality behind him and at wing back has restricted Wolves passing quality in deep positions.

Who didn't rate Boly???

I believe Doherty has the grand total of 0 assists and 0 goals this season, despite spending huge amounts of time in the opposition's final third - he was dirt against Barnsley and put in his standard performance last night by all accounts when asked to actually defend.

I'm pretty certain Marshall will never play wing back for us, he's just too slow.

In fact, I'm not sure how he fits into our team with the current formation.

Back