• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[Carabao Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 2-0 Gillingham: Verdict Thread

Ref could have sorted it out but let it ride, so they just carried on. He gave the keeper 3 final warnings.
I had a fiver at 7/1 on the keeper getting a yellow card.

Ref has diddled you there

I reckon he would have got one if it was 0-0 after 89 mins

Bottom of the Premier and in shit form having not played for almost 2 months?
It’s a stretch as they are in awful form too and we have played albeit not competitively.

I’m comfortable just saying we weren’t very good tbh. Yes I could find mitigating circumstances but I don’t think they remotely come close to justifying it.

Don't think the game told us too much either way, typical banana skin fixture against a plucky 'park the bus' team with our players getting used to new leadership and the likes of Neves, Nunes, Raul and Hwang readjusting to domestic football following the World Cup. Think the important thing was to win the game rather than lose or need penalties and we did see certain players whose days may be numbered if they don't shape up but we know that new signings are on the way in the next couple of weeks who will freshen the squad and hopefully improve us.

Nothing looked too different as would be expected in these early days though I think we were playing higher up the pitch and come injury time I was wishing we had another half hour to go as our attacking was looking much better.

The introduction of Nunes, Raul, Hwang and RAN improved us as they looked better than the shit they replaced.

Maybe scoring at the World Cup will have improved Hwang. Maybe. I have my doubts but who knows.

One of the highlights last night was Hwang 2.0, not going to knock it while it lasts :)

He should score at the end though. Lovely touch to put the defender on his arse and then lobs it into the fanzone behind the South Bank.

He looked good though but he had replaced the Portuguese Rohan Ricketts so running with the ball at his feet for 5 yards without falling over was a huge improvement

Last edited:
Woke up at 6.30am coughing and spluttering with a totally blocked nose and a raging headache after attending this one, so it's been a bit of a write off of a day. I've still performed with more energy, quality and fight than Guedes did last night. He is genuinely a dismal footballer. I'd take any fee for him as he is shit and not going to get any better, plus he evidently doesn't even want to be here.

I don't expect Lopetegui to persist with him, at least one of the centre halves, Hodge (looked out of his depth against literally the worst team in the Football League, he's a boy who's nowhere near ready for any form of senior football), Podence, Adama or Costa for very long, assuming we get the transfer business done that he wants.

Granted, not a single team will set up even close to what we faced last night in a league fixture, but we need massive improvement quickly to get out of this mess, and a load of this lot aren't up to it, both mentally or in terms of ability.

Back