• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cardiff (H) Build-Up 16/1/16

Up for this one (well if they will send emails with half price offers to me on an evening when I have had a couple of glasses of something!)

For once have no issues with an unchanged team (not that there's a lot of choice anyway - though Price for Coady would be preferred) - would just like to see some attacking intent ALA v Fulham

Think we might see Saville in for Coady. Coady has done well recently but he looked pretty uncomfortable in that formation, Saville played that position (albeit on the other side) vs Boro in the cup and apparently did quite well.

Can't wait, this is our first game of the season so hoping for more of what happened against Fulham

We were so utterly shit against Cardiff in the away game that I've got a sneaking suspicion about something going wrong here.

Nice interview from KJ. Looks far more relaxed.

I'll buy into the current style/s and am quietly confident he'll use his knowledge and apply what's necessary. A far tougher nut I ever thought but fuck it we're virtually safe so have some fun and power and pace it. We're a bit railroad but keep going at it.

Crowd will be around 24k tomorrow.

Not bad! Obviously the half price deal has helped but with us looking to make it five wins on the trot the atmosphere should be good!

Will be Paddy's fave game of the season as he listens to the Wolves fans roll out all the Welsh bashing songs....

Crowd will be around 24k tomorrow.

Moxey calling it perfectly again. Wolves start winning and the fans return in their droves. Oh no wait...

Ear muffs may be the order of the day.

Will these do?

MG_9339.JPG

Tomorrow will be my first time up at Molineux for more years than I'd like to admit, but are any of the pubs around the ground still open?

The Goal Post is (though it's called Lounge 107 or something now). Or at least I assume it is, I haven't used it in years, it does at least appear to be open. The Wanderer and the Feathers are definitely no more.

Thanks DW, much appreciated. Funnily enough, the Goal Post was the one of the 3 I was certain wasn't open anymore!

It barely is....last time I went in it was like a scene from a post apocalypse film. Hatherton is still open as is one of the pubs down in Whitmore Reans can't remember the name, not the Red Lion or the Ash Tree.

Thanks DW, much appreciated. Funnily enough, the Goal Post was the one of the 3 I was certain wasn't open anymore!

The Dog and Doublet near the Civic Hall is a good call...just a few minutes walk from the ground via the subway

It barely is....last time I went in it was like a scene from a post apocalypse film. Hatherton is still open as is one of the pubs down in Whitmore Reans can't remember the name, not the Red Lion or the Ash Tree.

:icon_lol: sounds like just how I remember it!!

Back