• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Carl Ikeme

I doubt he will but it doesn't alter the fact that it was a woeful performance.

The problem as a goalie is that mistakes usually cost goals. Martinez made 3 or 4 good standard saves but conceded 2 poor goals. Ikeme gets beaten from distance too often ( a forum view not just mine) and he could have done better against Blackburn with the goal. However he was unlucky to be dropped. He has been one of our top 3 players for the last 3 seasons. Had Martinez come in and played well then the decision would have been vindicated. However he was average against Newport made a couple of good saves against Hull and poor last night. 3 games 5 goals no clean sheets surely means KI in goal for Cardiff and Martinez has to fight to get back

He made a couple of good saves but at a point where we looked like we might be getting ourselves back in the game at 2-2 he then started causing all sorts of panic with a couple of dreadful kicks and at least three occasions where played the ball to someone where it just wasn't on at all. And the two goals are poor, especially the third.

If he is fit, Ikeme has been treated terribly by KJ. Dropped for Martinez who has yet to prove himself. If it was part of a deal that he must play then we shouldn't have made the deal.

If he is fit, Ikeme has been treated terribly by KJ. Dropped for Martinez who has yet to prove himself. If it was part of a deal that he must play then we shouldn't have made the deal.

I can't believe for one moment that we would ever agree to such a deal. If it's something KJ has seen in training, or it's just his judgement then it's his job to make that call, albeit a difficult one. I thought it looked like a decent enough decision on Sunday, but the 2nd and 3rd QPR goals were very poor - worse than Ikeme's error v Blackburn IMO.

Jackett now has another tough call for Saturday - but he's paid to make these decisions.

Martinez won't be dropped, goalkeeper is a position that is unlike any other, you can't just change them whenever you feel like it. In my opinion if Ikeme starts tomorrow KJ will be questioned more than if he sticks with EM.

I can't believe for one moment that we would ever agree to such a deal. If it's something KJ has seen in training, or it's just his judgement then it's his job to make that call, albeit a difficult one. I thought it looked like a decent enough decision on Sunday, but the 2nd and 3rd QPR goals were very poor - worse than Ikeme's error v Blackburn IMO.

Jackett now has another tough call for Saturday - but he's paid to make these decisions.

I cant fathom why some people (apart form the conspiracy nutjobs) automatically assume that there was such a deal, it was hardly like when we went to Arsenal we were desperate to sign a keeper so they hardly had us over a barrel when it came to negotiating the loan and especially when Martinez (ignoring QPR) cannot be said to be vastly superior to Ikeme.

Agree with SWW he needs to give him another run out tomorrow, needs to get back straight away to get the bad game out of the system.

Somebody on the E&S comments made a comment which I found interesting. The gist of it was that in amongst his many spot on decisions Kenny has made these odd dropping of players, he looked at Jack Price a mainstay in L1 then being bombed out to Yeovil at the start of last season on loan, Golbourne dropped for Rowe, Henry dropped for Van La Parra and now Ikeme dropped for Martinez and the three last season were all back in the starting XI.

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 1 hr1 hour ago

Great start to international career for Carl_Ikeme! 2 Super Eagles caps, 2 clean sheets. Played 81 mins of yesterday's 2-0 friendly win vs Niger

Should do wonders for his confidence.

Next break is after the Huddersfield game. If Nigeria have a friendly game in a spot where there isn't a scheduled break then we aren't obliged to release him.

The article says Wolves aren't big in Nigeria as we've had none of their heroes playing for them, the good folk of Lagos must share my opinion on Okoronkwo and Olofinjana.

Back