• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea Build up and Matchday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking same as blacklivesmatter

Problem was at Atwell's angle it looked like a free kick as he couldn't see Neto's foot not make contact.

And it was Coady's momentum which took him too far to stop Giroud getting to it. Looks bad but a tad unlucky.

I need to take back the comment I made the other day about Attwell improving. He needs benching for the atrocious decision he gave against Neto, which led to Chelsea's first goal. As a referee you cannot be seen to be having a decisive impact on such an important fixture.

Trouble is he was behind Netto so didnt see there was no contact, he just brought that decision

Spurs
Souyhampton
Man City
Norwich

All games we won despite losing at half time.

Trying to be positive and not give pelted to Raul and Jota who truly sucked that half so best they make up for it

Win 4 3

Said it before you can score from a free kick given incorrectly but can’t from a toe nail being offside. The hypocrisy of VAR

We're gonna finish this season 7th, which is about right. Hope we take a few lessons from this season into next to improve on that place, like in a must-win game actually attempting to score is a necessity!

Alonso's a cheating cunt, was not a FK. However...should never have been in that position. We had easy opportunity to clear our lines and messed it up, again. Then Neto swings his foot without paying attention to what's around him and, well, you know the rest.

That 2nd one was Man Utd in the cup all over again. Saiss coming about 15 yards forwards only to turn into a statue and leave a gaping hole for Giroud to stroll into. Rui and Coady should still do better though.

Neto's been pretty lively, and Donck has done a lot of good work in the middle. Jota's been poor. But Raul has been *awful*. It's to the point where I'm agreeing with bloody Redknapp that he's given it away every time he's touched it, because he nearly has. Picking the wrong option time and again.

Put Traore up against Alonso and let him do his work.

Said it before you can score from a free kick given incorrectly but can’t from a toe nail being offside. The hypocrisy of VAR

very good point

First is a cracking strike but shouldn't be a freekick, in real time it looked blatant but one replay and clearly pulled out before Alonso got airbound. VAR really should be picking that out in an instant.

Second is just a joke, entire back 3 may as well have just walked off the pitch, Boly and Saiss over committing in stupid areas and Coady some how remedies the situation before fucking it all over again.

It wasn't going in. Curling away from goal.

It might - but was nearer than anything else we had done

Goal difference really doesn't matter now so Adama, Podence, Vinagre & Moutinho on & sacrifice a bit defensively

Dive on the edge of the box: VAR gives 0 shits.
Raúl touches a defender with his shoulder: POTENTIAL RED CARD! 18 VIEWS FROM MULTIPLE ANGLES!

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Not exactly an offensive comparison, but... Not really in the best taste.

really..i meant small teams, minorities..never mind..sorry if that was offensive

Since that appalling game v Middlesboro in the Championship, Attwell has refereed Wolves six times in the Premier League and we have only lost once, Tottenham at home this season. More to the point, he has refereed us three times against London teams (Palace, Spurs, Arsenal) in London this season and Wolves have never lost. I was a severe critic of Attwell three or four seasons ago but he has improved a great deal in the last two seasons. We could do far worse. Would you want that showman, Mike Dean? I'd like to see him retired but the problem is that there are so few referees up to PL standard at the moment. In my view, even Michael Oliver has dropped in performance somewhat and only Anthony Taylor has the high consistency required for such competition. That's why Martin Atkinson is still refereeing, they can't afford to lose his solidity, even if he's short of breath most games.

So, I'm hoping Attwell's record of being fair with Wolves will continue and that Wolves will win in London again against Chelsea. Even if it turns out differently, what Wolves have achieved this season is absolutely outstanding.

Agree there and a brilliant summary. I've taken a few deep breaths when I've seen its Attwell but generally he's been as all good refs should be - anonymous.

I said during Bournemouth I can't believe Oliver was supposedly the best we have. Very poor.

Coote on the other hand I wouldn't trust reffing Billbrook u12's.

Atwell is a fucking, useless cunt who looks out of his depth at the top level. Such a "big team biased" tosser

Adama coming on. Not sure who for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back