• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cheltenham Festival Tipster Competition...

It is Murphy you're right. Agreed Pacha Du Polder should have won last year but to be fair Victoria Pendleton gave racing some good press. Maybe this time next year we will be saying well Wonderful Charm should have won it last year so deserved it this.

Agreed, apart from the Pendleton bit. As far as I'm concerned she was an embarrassment. I was there that day and to bring her into the paddock after the race to celebrations was a total joke. I guess I should thank her in a way as I wouldn't have got 22/1 if he had won last year. That bet and Willoughby Court saved my week, along with Native River at 33/1 before he ran in The Hennessy. So pleased for Jessica and Corky with Sizing John, the most underrated trainer either side of the Irish Sea. Since Moscow Flyer who served to up to Azertyuiop (a good horse in his own right) on many occasions she hasn't had the credit she has deserved. Also so glad my old friend Cue Card is safe and sound. I hope they look after him now and do the right thing by him, I do not want to see him run in the Gold Cup again.

Final Table...

Slink; Day 4, £26.25 and Total = £651.25p
DrDoog; Day 4, £276.87 and Total = £636.87p
Astoria; Day 4, £83.75 and Total = £552.51p
GFFH; Day 4, £104.37 and Total = £523.17p
Trips; Day 4, £137.50 and Total = £470.00p
Sniffer; Day 4, £150.00 and Total = £443.75p
Murphy; Day 4, £340.00 and Total = £430.00p
SSB; Day 4, £227.50 and Total = £425.00p
Frank; Day 4, £108.75 and Total = £422.20p
Parkin; Day 4, £111.25 and Total = £408.45p
Darlo; Day 4, £96.25 and Total = £384.38p
Donegal; Day 4, £108.75 and Total = £377.50p
TonyT; Day 4, £160.00 and Total = £377.50p
BillyD; Day 4, £55.00 and Total = £375.63p
TheBear; Day 4, £96.25 and Total = £336.87p
Penk; Day 4, £00.00 and Total = £310.63p
Paignton; Day 4, £111.87 and Total = £256.24p
NWW; Day 4, £00.00 and Total = £253.12p
Johnny; Day 4, £26.25 and Total = £241.26p
Deutsch; Day 4, 67.50 and Total - £224.07p
Paddy; Day 4, £00.00 and Total = £200.00p
Nando; Day 4, £145.00 and Total = £195.00p

Murphy showed the benefit of finding a big priced winner, his £20 on 16/1 chance Pascha Du Polder jumping him up from 21st in the table to 7th!

Thanks to all who took part and I'll see you all again for the Aintree Grand National Festival!

Many thanks to Darlo for running the competition so efficiently as always. Congratulations to Slink and anyone who made money, personally had a nightmare! Roll on Aintree.

Thanks Darlo, assuming all those towards the top had a pick in every race then only two would have been in profit.

Thanks Darlo, great work as always.

Cheers Darlo. A good final day also bumped me up the winnings.

Agreed, apart from the Pendleton bit. As far as I'm concerned she was an embarrassment. I was there that day and to bring her into the paddock after the race to celebrations was a total joke. I guess I should thank her in a way as I wouldn't have got 22/1 if he had won last year. That bet and Willoughby Court saved my week, along with Native River at 33/1 before he ran in The Hennessy. So pleased for Jessica and Corky with Sizing John, the most underrated trainer either side of the Irish Sea. Since Moscow Flyer who served to up to Azertyuiop (a good horse in his own right) on many occasions she hasn't had the credit she has deserved. Also so glad my old friend Cue Card is safe and sound. I hope they look after him now and do the right thing by him, I do not want to see him run in the Gold Cup again.

Agree that the celebrations were a joke and i was there too but to go from cycling to riding in any race takes a lot of doing so fair play to her i say and she only brought good publicity to the sport so in my opinion you can't hold it against her.

Un Temps Pour Tout, Might Bite and an each way treble on the third day made my festival but had a shocker yesterday. Agreed on Harrington, she's a top class trainer who arguably should have more horses but there are a few like that in Ireland imo like de Bromhead.

Cue Card looked great when he came past us after the race yesterday and you could see he didn't have a scratch on him, hopefully they retire him now as he owes nobody. A top class horse that always gave his all.

Cheers Darlo for running this as usual, always do a top job. Had a great week overall mainly due to day 1 which put me well ahead. Retained my crown from last year so definitely doing something right and yesterday was my first losing day at Cheltenham over the last 2 years which i'm happy with.

Definitely be back for Aintree.

This shows that you are better off buying shares in the bookies firms rather than actually betting - apart from 2 we would have all lost money if done for real

Thanks for running this Darlo it was good fun as usual. Thanks to the free bet offers from the bookies I managed to be in the black overall which was a bonus.

Congrats to Slink on winning, and Dr Doog for turning profit

Thanks to Darlo for running, great job as always

Well played Slink, and as always, many thanks to Darlo for his work in organising this.

Agree that the celebrations were a joke and i was there too but to go from cycling to riding in any race takes a lot of doing so fair play to her i say and she only brought good publicity to the sport so in my opinion you can't hold it against her.

Un Temps Pour Tout, Might Bite and an each way treble on the third day made my festival but had a shocker yesterday. Agreed on Harrington, she's a top class trainer who arguably should have more horses but there are a few like that in Ireland imo like de Bromhead.

Cue Card looked great when he came past us after the race yesterday and you could see he didn't have a scratch on him, hopefully they retire him now as he owes nobody. A top class horse that always gave his all.

Maybe you are right about Pendleton, but frankly I'm not sure what she really achieved by doing what she did, apart from blowing away the money anyone who was daft enough to put on her last year. Not sure if you saw her on tv straight after the race, but again she was an embarrassment, Mick Fitzgerald quite cleverly put her in her place. I decided not to go down this year but will again next year (god willing). I think they may let Cue Card have a spin round Aintree in The Bowl, he loves the place. But hopefully they call time on his career after that and let him enjoy his retirement.

Yeah she was a bit OTT after the race!

This shows that you are better off buying shares in the bookies firms rather than actually betting - apart from 2 we would have all lost money if done for real

I was up over £200 over the whole festival, as I didn't bet the same amount on each race. Certainly was far tougher than last year's festival though.

Thanks once again, Darlo.

Maybe you are right about Pendleton, but frankly I'm not sure what she really achieved by doing what she did, apart from blowing away the money anyone who was daft enough to put on her last year. Not sure if you saw her on tv straight after the race, but again she was an embarrassment, Mick Fitzgerald quite cleverly put her in her place. I decided not to go down this year but will again next year (god willing). I think they may let Cue Card have a spin round Aintree in The Bowl, he loves the place. But hopefully they call time on his career after that and let him enjoy his retirement.

Are you looking forward to Michael Owen racing at Aintree then? :)

Are you looking forward to Michael Owen racing at Aintree then? :)

Now I'm usually pretty good at these sort of things. But I'm afraid I have to admit that has gone whoosh straight over my head. Please expand Creg :) Maybe I have it now? I take it he's riding is he?

Back