• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Climate Change Debate

Johnny is a zealot and his only way of replying is from his viperous sniping troll 20000 keyboard. I have tried to debate things with him but its always answered with vitriol and its not just this thread. Hence why he is on ignore. He may well have some great ideas and facts about how we can all change but his methods of communicating are draconian and switch people off. With regard to climate change if all of us did the things on Andys list it would be a positive start.

I respect the fact that you've got him on ignore rather than picking arguments with him, but this doesn't help, does it?

Cut it out please - and I would hope Johnny doesn't see fit to reply to this and make the situation worse.

We'd be grateful if posters acted like adults from time to time.

I respect the fact that you've got him on ignore rather than picking arguments with him, but this doesn't help, does it?

Cut it out please - and I would hope Johnny doesn't see fit to reply to this and make the situation worse.

We'd be grateful if posters acted like adults from time to time.

Whoa there! With Respect, youre a bit late in the thread to come in with the "play nicely children" type of comment , which is a little patronising to say the least.

Firstly, I haven't picked an argument at all as he is on ignore. Secondly, what I have stated is factually correct , check the thread. Thirdly at no other point in the thread has a mod seen fit to apply this tone or rigour on Johnny. What would have helped would have been if that had been stopped much earlier in the thread. Your intervention here is selective moderation.

I , however cannot avoid seeing what Johnny writes when it is quoted and as he treated another legitimate poster to vitriol for voicing a genuine and honest held belief, factually correct, I felt that the poster should see that others do not think that way.

And while you are at it perhaps earlier interventions would stop this type of vitriol. There seems a bit of imbalance here.

'With respect', please leave the moderating to the moderating team - don't tell us how to do our job when you don't know what is done or discussed away from the main forum.

Thanks.

'With respect', please leave the moderating to the moderating team - don't tell us how to do our job when you don't know what is done or discussed away from the main forum.

Thanks.

Then dont bollock me publicly. Do it in a PM.- with respect

Can you not read? Pack it in - you're acting like a petulant child.

I cant put you on ignore as I you are a Mod but I can report your posting. And I will. You are not , I believe , acting impartially in your mod capacity. You are choosing to chastise me publically. You could , as I pointed out, have done this via PM but you chose to post in open forum. Now I respond, in open forum and I ask that for the benefit of other posters you take any further communications off thread via pm.

O3DHIA5.gif

I cant put you on ignore as I you are a Mod but I can report your posting. And I will. You are not , I believe , acting impartially in your mod capacity. You are choosing to chastise me publically. You could , as I pointed out, have done this via PM but you chose to post in open forum. Now I respond, in open forum and I ask that for the benefit of other posters you take any further communications off thread via pm.

Yep - I chose to point this out on the public forum in response to your post. You may have also noticed I asked Johnny not to respond, in the hope that you'd both listen to my request and keep the thread on topic, but you seem insistent on having the last word, which has had the polar opposite effect.

I'm going to ask for a 2nd time - cut out the digs. And this isn't just directed at you, but for others on this thread. Hence why it's on the main forum.

If you feel unable to refrain from this rather odd little tirade telling me how to moderate, maybe think about logging off and calming down rather than hitting 'reply'?

this is what climate change does gents - warms everyone up. chill!

this is what climate change does gents - warms everyone up. chill!

Kenny banned users list

Langers for unacceptable bullying

Agreed by Thor, Huddersfield Town F.C & the Wealdstone Raider

Banned until Jinky reaches his full adult height or I watch GOT

Top bantz. Respect.

This report suggests that the issue of single use plastics is not as simple as "littering" - https://www.ciel.org/news/plasticandhealth/

It's interesting that an article could be that biased. It even lists the huge strides we've made in the last twenty years or so in plastic recycling initiatives, plastic-to-fuel and plastic-to-brick strategies and come to the conclusion all plastic is bad and nobody should use plastic at all.

The table showing the beachfront plastic is all about litter. Interesting to see that it is mainly the BRIC countries that have the most plastic littering problem.

I then took a closer look at the authors and realised greenpeace et al were behind this. Interesting to see the other side of the argument but no different to any other form of propaganda really.

It's interesting that an article could be that biased. It even lists the huge strides we've made in the last twenty years or so in plastic recycling initiatives, plastic-to-fuel and plastic-to-brick strategies and come to the conclusion all plastic is bad and nobody should use plastic at all.

The table showing the beachfront plastic is all about litter. Interesting to see that it is mainly the BRIC countries that have the most plastic littering problem.

I then took a closer look at the authors and realised greenpeace et al were behind this. Interesting to see the other side of the argument but no different to any other form of propaganda really.

So not really biased, just coming to a different conclusion to the one you have arrived at, which seems to be that every thing is peachy keen jelly bean, if only children would stop dropping litter.

So not really biased, just coming to a different conclusion to the one you have arrived at, which seems to be that every thing is peachy keen jelly bean, if only children would stop dropping litter.

It doesn't come to a different conclusion as it only had one aim to begin with. It sets out to prove plastic is bad even though we've made huge strides in how we dispose of it. It listed the current technologies and then says, they are bad, without giving any scientific background to them. It's propaganda.

I presume you've read the whole document?

It doesn't come to a different conclusion as it only had one aim to begin with. It sets out to prove plastic is bad even though we've made huge strides in how we dispose of it. It listed the current technologies and then says, they are bad, without giving any scientific background to them. It's propaganda.

What all 84 pages of it this morning? No mate, and neither have you, I imagine. Though if you have - kudos on your speed reading skills.

https://www.ciel.org/wp-content/upl...n-Costs-of-a-Plastic-Planet-February-2019.pdf

So this is all rubbish? (pardon the pun)

Despite covering 71 percent of the earth’s surface and holding 97 percent of the earth’s water, even the most remote parts of the ocean are contaminated by toxic chemical additives used to make plastic. Tiny shrimp in the Mariana Trench are loaded with toxic chemicals, including plastic additives like brominated flame retardants. These contamination levels were considerably higher than those documented in nearby regions of heavy industrialization, indicating bioaccumulation of anthropogenic contamination and that pollutants are pervasive across the world’s oceans and to full ocean depth. While giant gyres of plastic and soupy layers of microplastics have catapulted marine plastic pollution onto the world stage, invisible and persistent pollutants hitchhiking on plastic have created a toxic timebomb in marine environments. Highly persistent chemical pollutants are already altering the reproduction and behavior of marine animals and impacting their immune systems,
threatening their survival by altering their capacity to respond to disease. No place is safe. Most of the global land surface is connected to oceans via river systems. The toxic legacy of plastic and its
associated toxic chemicals hidden in the ocean is part of an inextricably linked global ecosystem that cannot be ignored away.

Back