• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Climate Change Debate

Horrendous storms in queensland, aus, including cricket ball sized hailstones, torrential rain and so on. It's their summer.

I've just started naomi kleins' this changes everything. It's making me angry already.

I think Wolves are the biggest club in the world and have had many arguments and even come to blows about this. At the end of the day, even I know that I could be wrong, but would find it hard to admit it.

Horrendous storms in queensland, aus, including cricket ball sized hailstones, torrential rain and so on. It's their summer.

I've just started naomi kleins' this changes everything. It's making me angry already.

Bloody inflation. The standard measure for large hailstones always used to be golf balls.

When they were branding themselves as the greenest government ever I think they must have spelled cuntiest wrong.

as predicted, the recent capacity auction has delivered precisely ZERO new CCGT build. however, apparently 650MW of new diesel gensets have been awarded contracts, helped no doubt by the substantial tax breaks given to EIS investors for investing in them.

Yet we choose to allow fracking underneath national parks.

We need to move ahead with a hydraulic fracturing start up somewhere that would not involve a national park. No harm anyway with the permission for horizontal drilling at the depths and periphery involved.
Take a trip to Buxton and its surrounds and tell me quarrying activity there is less invasive on the Peak District National Park.

We need to move ahead with hydraulic fracturing a start up somewhere would not involve a national park. No harm anyway with the permission for horizontal drilling at the depths and periphery involved.
very much up for debate!

very much up for debate!

There are low risk opportunities, we need to progress them. I drew on the remodelling of the hills by quarrying around Buxton which no one seems to object to and is a big driver of the local economy.
A fracking 'well' head is far less intrusive once installed.

TBF, HGW thinks putting billions of tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere, melting the icecaps and acidifying the seas is harmless too, so at least he's consistent.

Capacity factors for UK ‘renewable technologies' :
Biomass= 52%
Hydro= 40%
Wind offshore= 31%
Wind on land= 23%
Solar PV= 9%
Tidal= 7%
Wave= 4%

Vs:
Nuclear = 67%.
Gas for electrical Generation ~ 70%
Gas point of use heating 96-98%

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/12060003/The-Paris-climate-fiasco-leaves-UK-alone-in-the-dark.html

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/bob-ward-wants-to-phase-out-gas-central-heating-cookers/

The sooner the UK does away with gas to the premises the better. It's a very inefficient method of heating and cooking.

If we must use gas it should be used to provide district heating.

Back