• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Climate Change Debate

Sky news interviewed DrMichael Jacobs, a climate change expert. He said the current weather in Europe and parts of America are exactly what was predicted. Warmer temperatures, and severe weather systems. I have no idea if he is correct or not. I know there are quite a few on this thread with great knowledge on this subject. So is Dr Jacobs correct, and will this kind of rainfall become the norm?

More warmth = greater moisture in the air - so for a maritime climate we'll probably see the UK become milder, but also wetter.

There are low risk opportunities, we need to progress them. I drew on the remodelling of the hills by quarrying around Buxton which no one seems to object to and is a big driver of the local economy.
A fracking 'well' head is far less intrusive once installed.

No there aren't. Fracking releases three times the methane into the atmosphere, which is worse for global warming. Plus leaves radioactive water in the ground.
Water is the basic for sustaining life. Fucking water up is not low risk at all.

Especially Buxton water. Such beautiful beer...

The sooner the UK does away with gas to the premises the better. It's a very inefficient method of heating and cooking.

If we must use gas it should be used to provide district heating.

Rubbish, please check what you pay per kWh for gas versus electricity. Factor in energy used in transport and industry makes you way off the mark. If there is a marked move to electrically powered vehicles then there is appauling inefficiency and greater emissions.

Rubbish, please check what you pay per kWh for gas versus electricity. Factor in energy used in transport and industry makes you way off the mark.

Read my post again, then go and Google district heating.

Sky news interviewed DrMichael Jacobs, a climate change expert. He said the current weather in Europe and parts of America are exactly what was predicted. Warmer temperatures, and severe weather systems. I have no idea if he is correct or not. I know there are quite a few on this thread with great knowledge on this subject. So is Dr Jacobs correct, and will this kind of rainfall become the norm?

If Dr Jacobs can show a historical trend over say 30 years (he can't) he might have a point.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2016/01/08/2015-was-not-unusually-wet/

I understood and it is a technique that may have some application if not universal.

No I don't think you did.

District Heating is already being used widely in the UK and universally in other countries.

Piping gas to every house via compressors, governors, regulators, with associated leakages, pressure management systems etc is very inefficient. Not to mention being burnt in inefficient boilers when it gets there.

No there aren't. Fracking releases three times the methane into the atmosphere, which is worse for global warming. Plus leaves radioactive water in the ground.
Water is the basic for sustaining life. Fucking water up is not low risk at all.

Methane is a product of all gas extraction, you might have noticed that it oxidises readiĺy to form water and carbon dioxide. Both of those compounds are essential for life.
As for radioactivity - a natural product of the earth.

No I don't think you did.

District Heating is already being used widely in the UK and universally in other countries.

Piping gas to every house via compressors, governors, regulators, with associated leakages, pressure management systems etc is very inefficient. Not to mention being burnt in inefficient boilers when it gets there.

I'm weĺl aware of such systems but they have limited application certainly amongst our current housing stock. I would contend that near enough aĺl of the heat generated by my boiler is useful.
All of the distribution losses you suggest would still exist in your favoured system.

I'm weĺl aware of such systems but they have limited application certainly amongst our current housing stock. I would contend that near enough aĺl of the heat generated by my boiler is useful.

Unlikely, A rated boilers are usually around or slightly less than 90% efficient.

You're also ignoring the energy used, and gas lost, in the NTS, MP, IP and LP networks.

We haven't had the more warmth bit though for knocking on 20 years.
Yes we have. It's been demonstrated to you several times why the 'pause' is anything but, yet you continue to wilfully ignore the evidence.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Methane is a product of all gas extraction, you might have noticed that it oxidises readiĺy to form water and carbon dioxide. Both of those compounds are essential for life.
Tell that to the residents of Fukushima.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Methane isn't readily oxidised at all, in fact it is more stable to oxidation that any other common hydrocarbon.

Back