• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Come on me babbies.......

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
For all those that dont know the phrase (And not many surely) A bloke got access to the dressing room via an unopened window on the night of the Div Three title and shouted those now famous words. I would love to know if the bloke is still alive as he was in his lates 40s back then. Would love to know if he's still alive and ticking and still going up the Wolves..

LEGEND...

Naw, he wasn't that old, maybe in his 30's so that'd make him in his late 60's now ??

I remember going to the Bully This Is Your Life show at the Civic during his testimonial celebrations and that clip been shown, the bloke in question jumped up and made himself known then too.

What is a "babbie", exactly?

For all those that dont know the phrase (And not many surely) A bloke got access to the dressing room via an unopened window on the night of the Div Three title and shouted those now famous words. I would love to know if the bloke is still alive as he was in his lates 40s back then. Would love to know if he's still alive and ticking and still going up the Wolves..

LEGEND...

Remember it well however it was the night we beat notts county to get through to the sherpa van trophy final quirk great days and being from gornal it was indeed come on me babbies

...and a hairstyle that screams 1988...never noticed the nipple rubbing before!

Attachments

• BULL-FAN-882.jpg
    BULL-FAN-882.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 68
There's a Bully/Thomo vid on youtube with footage of it.

Remember it well however it was the night we beat notts county to get through to the sherpa van trophy final quirk great days and being from gornal it was indeed come on me babbies

I didn't realise it was the evening we reached the Sherpa Van Final. For some reason I thought it was after we drew with Sheffield United when we won division three.

Remember seeing him on something, possibly the This Is Your Life Bully where he appeared, think it said he was a local businessman

I was holding him up at the window. Happy days indeed.

I didn't realise it was the evening we reached the Sherpa Van Final. For some reason I thought it was after we drew with Sheffield United when we won division three.
It does make sense now they were singing the que sera sera song lulz....

I am partly responsible, as I remember selling him a large amount of alcohol in a very short space of time prior to the match in the North Rd Club where I was a barman. (I am with Frank on this, I think it was the Sheffield United match).

This came up before, and someone on here said they were a friend of babbiesman.

somebody posted the video clip on here in the last 12 months i'm sure. perhaps whoever, can redo

Back