• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Stoke, Coventry and Slough all going into Tier 2, Warrington possibly going Tier 3.

I've been to all of those places more than once, to my eternal shame.

Boris is such a fuckpig. You are communicating with 70 million people. Odd as this may seem, not all of them have studied classics and know of Scylla and Charibdis. A large chunk of that audience will be wondering what the dead host of Surprise Surprise has to do with a pandemic.

I see you all quote cases per 100,000 . . . what is the number the "Govt" is trying to get to i.e. reduce ?

25 was the original threshold for allowing overseas travel.

Thanks . . . so 0.1-0.2 per 100,000 in Melbourne where we're still under hard lockdown might seem to a bit OTT.

Here in Newport Shrops we're up to 163 per 100,000 (Telford &Wrekin) but the PRH has 'only' 20 cases atm so we're ok so far....but I think we're only a couple of weeks away from tier 2....lets face it, if we're serious about getting some sort of control over this bastard, we need another 6 month national lockdown......which obviously isn't going to happen.....weem fucked

Read today that the West Midlands, particularly Birmingham, is at around 226 per 100,000 at the moment.

194 is the figure for tier 2 Wolverhampton. With yesterday’s figures so today I would imagine we are over 200.

south staffs (tier one) was at 233 yesterday.

It's not looking great anywhere. Pretty much all european countries have rising rates. The states we know about.
Have things calmed down in south america, russia, india and so on? the news has gone a bit quiet on them. Are they in between waves? Or is there a limit on what tey are now reporting?

States are actually all over the place. Some (Wisconsin) the rates are as high as they have ever been, but here in South Texas is not as bad. Yesterday 207 new cases in San Antonio - pop just under 2 million. I am convinced it is because we have been more serious about wearing masks and social distancing.
But as the rate goes down in one city/country, it goes up in another, and nobody seriously thinks we are out of the woods yet.

Brazil is still horrific. Ecuador and Peru not a lot better. Uruguay has done very well, but their government took it very seriously and took proper measures. Shocking that.

BoJo again with the back to normal by Christmas nonsense. Can't see any attempt at large scale relaxations without some huge effort (lockdown...) beforehand.

IDS calling it COVID hysteria and moaning at the devolved governments for entering an arms race for who can have the harshest measures.

They will be right and he will be wrong.

FFS... Over the last few hours I've not been feeling very well. Started with really bad shakes and shivers, achy muscles and a blinding head ache. It's now switched to me feeling sick and having a burning temperature, just checked it and I'm at 38.9c as well as all the muscle aches, headache and my ribs/chest is really hurting.

After the news I got earlier this week it's all I need!!

FFS... Over the last few hours I've not been feeling very well. Started with really bad shakes and shivers, achy muscles and a blinding head ache. It's now switched to me feeling sick and having a burning temperature, just checked it and I'm at 38.9c as well as all the muscle aches, headache and my ribs/chest is really hurting.

After the news I got earlier this week it's all I need!!
Hope you feel better soon mate

Get a test though!

Back