• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The whole of the country, apart from the south east and west will be tier 3 before long. Won’t be long and they’ll have us in workhouses.

The whole of the country, apart from the south east and west will be tier 3 before long. Won’t be long and they’ll have us in workhouses.
Numbers even in those areas are heading up quickly - even in a rural part of N Dorset we are up to 109 now (a big increase over the last 10 days).

Going to go up to see one of my sons & wife at the weekend whilst I still can (haven't seen them for 3 months) whilst we are both still in tier 1 (though his area is on the edge as borders London Boroughs who are already Tier 2)

This system is getting out of control now with random policies in different bits of the country much of which makes no sense at all. The older part of the population (& those vulnerable through health) are in the main able to make sensible decisions to minimise the risk (& there is no way to eliminate it entirely apart from permanently locking yourself up) & allow the rest to try to get on with life with sensible precautions (sanitising/distancing etc.)

We are going to kill more from other conditions otherwise.

Apparently France and Spain have lost control of it :(

I would say control has been lost here too. The only way to get this back is going to be another proper lockdown. Shut the non-essential shops, shut the pubs, shut the schools, shut the universities, tell people to only work from home. Furlough reopened.

Can't see a shutdown happening (UK, US, anywhere). Instead it will continue as now - random measures that don't do much, and a hope that the death rate goes down (which does seem to be happening as a higher % of new cases are with younger/healthier people) until a vaccine arrives. No country really knows how to combat it. Not even in hindsight.

I would say control has been lost here too. The only way to get this back is going to be another proper lockdown. Shut the non-essential shops, shut the pubs, shut the schools, shut the universities, tell people to only work from home. Furlough reopened.
universities will not be shutting. they're planning to continue bi modal teaching being available.
practically though, there is no reason why they cannot move to 100% online teaching for the majority of all courses.
Schools are another issue however, and to be honest, I can see why we would want to avoid further disruption to childrens education.

We just need to keep a lid on it until vaccines get rolled out. HCW and elderly / vulnerable before Christmas would take a huge amount of pressure off

universities will not be shutting. they're planning to continue bi modal teaching being available.
practically though, there is no reason why they cannot move to 100% online teaching for the majority of all courses.
Schools are another issue however, and to be honest, I can see why we would want to avoid further disruption to childrens education.
Not gonna make a dent if you steer clear of schools and universities.

no disagreement here TP, given I work in one. just saying that universities are definitely not planning ceasing teaching in any way, and plans for online only will only be implemented if ordered by the government.

cambridge announced in may they would do the whole year online only, and imo called it right. not really aware of any others who have done so.

Great news! Get well soon mate

I've received the result for my test and I've tested negative!
Great news although I'm still not well so I guess it's just a case of me having flu
Do you know that's the first time I've been genuinely pleased about something for nearly a week, well done !

Great news although I'm still not well so I guess it's just a case of me having flu
Good to hear about result Mike. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Fookin drama queen...

(Glad you dodged that virus though xx)

Back