• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Let's see, it looks like the rate of increase is slowing down and the latest ZOE estimates are showing a decrease in new cases.

I still think a circuit breaker is absolutely the best thing to do, however if the tiered measures are working then I can understand the govts reluctantance for a nationwide lockdown.

I can get on board with the idea of a circuit breaker, so long as the end date really is the end date. I can focus on that and build everything I do around it.

Just "you can't see anyone for an undefined length of time" will do me right over.

Tier 3 isn't working in Greater Manchester, albeit it's early days.

0_2020-10-29_result.jpg

The more relevant factor for me now is aquiring something else cancer/heart issues/stroke etc. all of these services seem to have taken a back seat either for the NHS to focus on Covid or because people are too worried to engage with medical services because of it.

Suspect that those are a bigger factor on my lifespan than Covid is as long as I take sensible precautions against the latter

Probably our last night in the pub tonight for a while. Interesting to hear the different views of our group (5).
We're a bunch of rule following old gits in general but the discussion tonight was how to get round the regs so we could carry on with our Thursday night meet for a couple of pints. 2 of our group were pushing to meet up next week but spreading out to a 2 metre gap between us, the landlord was happy with that idea. The other 3 were uncomfortable with that as basically its taking the piss. I think from a covid safe aspect its probably fine but it goes directly against the 'meeting people from a different household inside' rule.
Personally I won't be going as I would find it unacceptable for me to rant about people not following the rules and then effectively bending the rules to suit myself.
Interesting to see the difference in views of people who were broadly the same at the start of the pandemic compared to 7 months down the line

I can get on board with the idea of a circuit breaker, so long as the end date really is the end date. I can focus on that and build everything I do around it.

Just "you can't see anyone for an undefined length of time" will do me right over.
To be honest, I feel that indefinite lockdown will do the majority of us over.
We'd need an open and honest approach from the government to be able to get people on board now. Not that I expect that to happen.

We'd need an open and honest approach from the government

Made me smile did that. More chance of me winning the Euro Lottery with no ticket purchased...

I am doubling down on my looking to the future and deal with whatever shit is thrown at me at the time. I know anything I book in is unlikley to happen but I have rebooked tickets to see Magic Goes Wrong in December in London. I am 99% sure I will be moving my trip to the States in March but the 1% means I have something to look forward to.
Its been many a year since I had serious MH issues but the last lockdown and associated stress pushed me close to the edge.

Last edited:
I'm desperate to see Magic Goes Wrong! Also, as lockdown appeared on the horizon mischief were arranging a tour of their Groan Ups show I wanted to go to.
I took your advice and booked tickets for Penn and Teller next summer, but that's the only thing, other than fireworks (sadly cancelled) that I have booked. Bill Baileys tour looks interesting, but I didn't get tickets in the end.

We hadn't booked a holiday for this year, and we're not planning a holiday for next year yet, though our hols tend to be very cheap and cheerful, and UK based, so can wait.

I don't have a diagnosed MH challenge, and actually, march - june/july I was really good. However, I can see that the past month I haven't been. Indeed, I actually came close to a mini breakdown recently, and haven't been coping with my stress levels. I've also been guilty of creating my own stress/anxiety, which isn't positive!

I think I have been getting a bit better the past couple of days. Still a way to go, but as Jules Winfield says, I'm trying ringo, I'm trying real hard.

You'll do anything to get out of making me lunch, won't you?

We hadn't booked a holiday for this year, and we're not planning a holiday for next year yet, though our hols tend to be very cheap and cheerful, and UK based, so can wait.
Had 2 booked in for this year. The one we had booked in for Dorset has been rearranged for July next year and the States one will just keep getting moved until it can actually happen.

Had 2 booked in for this year. The one we had booked in for Dorset has been rearranged for July next year and the States one will just keep getting moved until it can actually happen.
Hope at least you get to have your dorset holiday!

At this rate, I might be asking parkin if I can pitch a tent in his garden as a way to have time by the sea!

Hope at least you get to have your dorset holiday!

At this rate, I might be asking parkin if I can pitch a tent in his garden as a way to have time by the sea!
My garden is more than big enough to cope - might start up a booking system :)

Though I am still 30 miles from the sea!

Our MD has issued every worker with a letter explaining where we work and our likely hours to show to Police if full lockdown comes. Proactive at the moment but it’s beginning to look inevitable as the figures continue to deteriorate. Tiers are proving a bit of a fuck up.

Back