• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Indeed. I never ever confirm or give out any personal information until I know who I'm talking to.

I had one the other day asking "are you the Sky account holder?". After insisting to know who it was a couple of times (obviously not Sky) the phone mysteriously got cut off.

Indeed. I never ever confirm or give out any personal information until I know who I'm talking to.

I had one the other day asking "are you the Sky account holder?". After insisting to know who it was a couple of times (obviously not Sky) the phone mysteriously got cut off.
Yeah I get them quite a lot to be fair (must not have been careful enough with my phone number in the past) doesn't bother me as such I find it pretty obvious quite quickly and like to wind them up (as you say they usually just cut off) but to perhaps less savvy or older people it surely causes problems.

Yeah I had a call on the landline yesterday (quite unusual these days) it was a recorded message stating they were my internet provider and there had been some illegal activity on our line and they were going to shut us down in the next 24-48 hours if we didn't ring a number

Yeah I had a call on the landline yesterday (quite unusual these days) it was a recorded message stating they were my internet provider and there had been some illegal activity on our line and they were going to shut us down in the next 24-48 hours if we didn't ring a number
We've had those a fair few times, ironically still online ! I worry about people like my Mom who gets easily fuddled at the best of times, and would never consider somebody was doing something underhand

UK ordered another 10million doses.

As you say not till March but its another weapon in the arsenal against it.
Very much so and 2 more vaccines close to putting in for approval (probably early next month) and one of those is a single shot vaccine of which we have 30m on order.

With another 10m doses (of the more expensive than the others) Moderna vaccine on order, will the Chancellor come clean and state if he stands to benefit from it?

Very much so and 2 more vaccines close to putting in for approval (probably early next month) and one of those is a single shot vaccine of which we have 30m on order.
That the Johnson and Johnson one isn't it? Not looked into it hugely but you'd assume being a single shot would massively ramp up the vaccination effort.

That the Johnson and Johnson one isn't it? Not looked into it hugely but you'd assume being a single shot would massively ramp up the vaccination effort.
It is and that will probably be approved towards the end of Feb. So, by that point the 14m people who are going to get the 1st jabs now, will be in the 2nd jab window. That 30m would then mean the people in groups 5 & 6 can be vaccinated and then the lesser risk groups can start. It will be a huge moment when we get that one in.

This key worker thing takes the piss now. It's just a way Alex can say he's closed the schools without actually closing the schools.

So where do the keyworkers kids go then ?

Paul & Pablo's early years Nursery

I think I'm the only person in the country who isn't a key worker

I don't think Pablos allowed within 50 yards of a school ?

I was classed as a key worker when I was building bikes at wiggle,
I'm suddenly a key worker who takes kids to school now I've gone back to the job I was doing pre wiggle, except I have no kids to take to school, haven't been at work long enough to get furloughed( I started Monday, as schools were closed Tuesday) and got told by HR I have to apply for universal credit, I'm hoping one of the other jobs I've applied for comes good before the schools go back and I leave having worked one day sort of, if having a driving assessment counts as work

They've also said a child without access to a laptop is classed as vulnerable so they can attend school too. 2 birds with one stone there.

Back