• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Zoe data always been an accurate early indicator of trends previously so lets hope it is again.
Another healthy drop in daily infections today (4.4%). If the trend continues then tomorrow we'll see a drop in overall infections.

Whisper it quietly but lockdown appears to be working.

Perhaps, but it's absolutely shit and you can't keep doing it. It's the bluntest of blunt tools, not something you roll out every few months.

Plus as they keep hinting at strengthening measures it probably isn't working all that well.

Perhaps, but it's absolutely shit and you can't keep doing it. It's the bluntest of blunt tools, not something you roll out every few months.

Plus as they keep hinting at strengthening measures it probably isn't working all that well.
Luckily they have a way out of this cycle and bar a few issues, which to be honest would always happen when dealing with the numbers they are, it seems to be going ok.

Very few people expect us to come out of this before the end of February, which is absolutely ages away. That's probably not going to happen either. Which is going to mean a calendar year of national lockdown of:

March - June
November
January - February (at least)

A minimum of six entire months for absolutely everyone in England, and many areas have had additional restrictions for even longer. Leicester has effectively never come out of lockdown. When we do loosen lockdown (or whatever they're calling it now) then it'll be stuff like "you can meet more than one person outside". Not that you can do anything that's in any way fun or rewarding.

It's not a tenable situation, and they're talking now in terms of us needing to wait weeks before we see any impact from the vaccine on numbers as well as "we need extra measures" - this isn't cheery news, it's absolutely dreadful. An awful state of affairs.

No one wants a lockdown, the hospitals are getting 3-4k of Covid patients everyday. It's the only way of keeping our NHS functional. The NHS has been underfunded for years but that doesn't take away the here and now.

Lockdowns are shit, everyone is agreed on that. An overloaded and non functional NHS is shitter.

I'm convinced this is the final stretch, everyday sees our more of our most vulnerable protected from both death and severe disease. This WILL equate to lessening of an impact on the NHS, in the meantime we need to buy some breathing room and that too seems to be working.

I know it's an often repeated phrase but in 3 months time I think the world will look a lot, lot better than it does now. Until then, we have to take it a day at a time and look for the small victories along the way

Last edited:
You'll have to forgive me, I'm getting antsy about them briefing (it will be them) to their mates in the press that they're ending support bubbles.

Meanwhile, our fat hopeless leader has been seen out cycling seven miles away from Downing Street. Boggles the mind how stupid they are to not even vaguely stay on message when it comes to their own life.

A third of the hospital I work at is positive right now. And the rate is 704. Not sure what to make of it other than I'd be scared to go into hospital

Meanwhile, our fat hopeless leader has been seen out cycling seven miles away from Downing Street.
and was surprised at how many people were out using the Olympic Park at the same time as him.

A third of the hospital I work at is positive right now. And the rate is 704. Not sure what to make of it other than I'd be scared to go into hospital
Hospitals seem to be a big transmission area at the minute, kind of agree thing other than them having to rush me in I wouldn't be going anywhere near one at present.

Someone I know who works at new cross did say that all staff there were getting the vaccine this week though so hopefully a step in the right direction.

Friend of ours who works at a private hospital has just tested +'ve. Thats despite everyone having a test at the door before coming in every morning. Loads off apparently.

My auntie works at New Cross and caught it during the first lockdown, now it's more aggressive the infection rate has got to be huge in hospitals. Really feel for the staff.

My auntie works at New Cross and caught it during the first lockdown, now it's more aggressive the infection rate has got to be huge in hospitals. Really feel for the staff.
Not sure why they weren't first on the list to be honest.

In theory wouldn't it have been better to get people in the firing line done first even before the most vulnerable who effectively will be/should be shielding anyway

In theory wouldn't it have been better to get people in the firing line done first even before the most vulnerable who effectively will be/should be shielding anyway
That's too much like common sense.

This should have been done - if we get ill (for any reason) & need hospitalistion then enough staff in there is critical.

That & care home occupants & staff should have top of the list.

I probably won't get one till mid Feb at the earliest, but another couple of weeks delay won't make much difference - not going anywhere as there's nowhere to go.

Mother in law (92) in a care home, was due to have her vaccine tomorrow. Unfortunately she tested positive a couple of days ago. High temp, low oxygen levels and low blood pressure. Doesn't look good. She is still in the care home ( although moved to another part and cared for by a team, who are trying to make her as comfortable as possible ) . She's always been a strong lady, a fighter, but can't see her pulling through this one.

If only she had been given the vaccine earlier. Today I feel really sad, and angry. I also feel gutted for her sons and daughters who can't be there.

Cases in Wolves up to 1,033.6/100k. I don't even understand how that's possible. Hospitality in the city has been shut for over two months now.

Almost as if that wasn't the key driver.

Back