• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Mother in law (92) in a care home, was due to have her vaccine tomorrow. Unfortunately she tested positive a couple of days ago. High temp, low oxygen levels and low blood pressure. Doesn't look good. She is still in the care home ( although moved to another part and cared for by a team, who are trying to make her as comfortable as possible ) . She's always been a strong lady, a fighter, but can't see her pulling through this one.

If only she had been given the vaccine earlier. Today I feel really sad, and angry. I also feel gutted for her sons and daughters who can't be there.
Sorry to hear this - think that the early vaccination problems in care homes was that only the Phizer one was licensed which is far more difficult to transport.

With the approval of the Oxford one this should be done ASAP though the system is not covering itself in glory by doing so..

Cases in Wolves up to 1,033.6/100k. I don't even understand how that's possible. Hospitality in the city has been shut for over two months now.

Almost as if that wasn't the key driver.
I think about this daily. How much is down to more testing?

Those case numbers are from the ONS, who do randomised testing

I think about this daily. How much is down to more testing?
I think hospitalisations should be the number we're all looking at and particularly the mortality rate in relation to both hospitalisations and cases.

It may have been that the number of infections was always very high but mortality very low. Percentage of cases really only relates to the R number.

Those case numbers are from the ONS, who do randomised testing
If it is, it isn't far off from the actual figures of yesterday.

Cases

People tested positive in Wolverhampton​

Latest data at local authority (upper tier) level provided on 10 January 2021
Daily
Last 7 days
arrow 853 (43.9%)

Rate per 100k resident population: 1020.3

With the approval of the Oxford one this should be done ASAP though the system is not covering itself in glory by doing so..
Its been a week! No matter how quickly we want this sorted not everyone is going to get their vaccination, if its the Oxford one, in just 7 days.

Sue - Horrible news and fingers crossed she wins this battle

Cases in Wolves up to 1,033.6/100k. I don't even understand how that's possible. Hospitality in the city has been shut for over two months now.

Almost as if that wasn't the key driver.
Come on, you're a clever guy, you know that lots of things all contribute to how many cases there are. It's not just having one thing shut will turn off the taps, it's a combination of things, of which all contribute to the spread.

But underneath it all the only thing that's really spreading the virus is people meeting.

Well, they shouldn't have dressed it up as such, should they.

I'm pig sick of the situation, I don't think they even remotely understand the toll it's taking.

To be clear there are only so many times you (not you personally) can keep saying " we just need to make sacrifices for a little bit longer then it'll be normality". We've heard that how often now?

What exactly have we gained from the sacrifices everyone has made for ten entire months? What do they think it is going to do to people who live alone if you now can't see anyone at all for an indefinite period, in the middle of winter?

I'm in no mood for Johnson's "nearly there" act because he hasn't got a fucking clue, less still cheery optimism because there is no optimism to be had.

To be clear there are only so many times you (not you personally) can keep saying " we just need to make sacrifices for a little bit longer then it'll be normality". We've heard that how often now?
The difference this time though is you can see the way out. The "this will be over" is no longer being led by our PM's desire to be Popular and say what he thinks people want to hear but rather Science has stepped in and the work has begun and will continue at an increased pace for the forseable

(I am really trying to maintain a positive outlook because I don't I fear where my head will go)

Mother in law (92) in a care home, was due to have her vaccine tomorrow. Unfortunately she tested positive a couple of days ago. High temp, low oxygen levels and low blood pressure. Doesn't look good. She is still in the care home ( although moved to another part and cared for by a team, who are trying to make her as comfortable as possible ) . She's always been a strong lady, a fighter, but can't see her pulling through this one.

If only she had been given the vaccine earlier. Today I feel really sad, and angry. I also feel gutted for her sons and daughters who can't be there.
thats shit, really unlucky.....hope she pulls through

I

What exactly have we gained from the sacrifices everyone has made for ten entire months? What do they think it is going to do to people who live alone if you now can't see anyone at all for an indefinite period, in the middle of winter?

I'm in no mood for Johnson's "nearly there" act because he hasn't got a fucking clue, less still cheery optimism because there is no optimism to be had.
I know it's really hard but I don't know how hard it's been for you, I can't know because we're different people. What I do know is that lockdown is a pile of shit and Boris is a buffon. Best thing I found is to ignore as much of the piffle that comes out if his mouth that you can. Don't believe a word he says, trust yourself to know what's happening from the sources available.

Lockdown won't go on forever, it WILL end, I can't tell you when but it will. This really is the home stretch though, vaccines we're always the way out of this and they're happening and at a rate where at least 0.3% of the population will get vaccinated each day. That sounds like fuck all but it means every day is a step closer to normality - we haven't had that before, we haven't had a solution and now we do.

Everything seems like shit right now, but take it one day at a time and we'll see tiny little indicators of things improving.

If nothing else each day is a tiny bit brighter than the day before

Sorry to hear that :-( I really hope she pulls through

Erd4UO6XUAA_p89

Fingers crossed they are not fucking around with figures like they did to get the testing numbers up.

For Dan

"Dan Bloom of the Mirror asks the health secretary if he can guarantee that support bubbles and childcare bubbles will remain - as many people rely on them.

Matt Hancock says yes, he can "rule out" removing them"

A record number of cases in San Antonio yesterday - up 50% on the previous record. Just over 3k cases, which would equate to a weekly rate almost identical to Wolverhampton. No idea what is driving the increase.

Those fines to the two women in Derbyshire who travelled five miles for a walk have been rescinded.

Nothing at all to do with Jellybelly being found to have gone further than that yesterday (for absolutely no reason, Hyde Park is about two miles away FFS) of course.

Back