• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

UK is doing so much better than the EU.
We are terrible, Spain is in for a serious financial meltdown unless we see tourists this year

Woohoo, got my call up papers this morning, weirdly when I booked online it didn't give me an option to go to my local vacc centre which is half mile away.
Options were, one of the Telford ones or Stafford......bugger going to Telford, its full of covid there, look out Stafford, I'm gunna be there lunch time tomorrow.
They really are knocking this process out the park.....you youngsters on here won't have to wait long.

It's all slightly odd, it's based on postcode rather than where your GP surgery is...but my Da (Fordhouses) has to go over to Bloxwich next week and the first option they offered him was Great Barr, then Great Wyrley. Yet I know they are doing vaccinations at Wednesfield as Mrs DW's old man had his there, and there appears to be one in or near Codsall as there are AA signs pointing you that way. And I thought Pendeford was doing them too!

But if it gets done it gets done, that's all I care about.

I suppose a bit concerning for me as I don't drive, so really I could do with one that I can get to easily under my own steam, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised, Newport has been in front and most of my mates have had phone calls to go get theirs. Only thing I can think of is last week I went on the website to 'have a look' and got as far as choosing a centre but bailed out as Newport wasn't available. Wonder if some algorithm has picked up my address from that and fired a letter out, when I went on today it said I needed to re book my appointment cos I'd missed mine even though I didn't confirm.
Whatever, I don't care where I get it.....happy to travel to outer Staffs

Give me a shout if you need a lift
Cheers man but as Da will be all vacced up by then and he's 10 mins down the road, he should be able to take me if need be rather than you coming from the wilds of Salopia. But I'll let you know.

If it's Codsall (I assume at our GPs, I haven't looked and I haven't been out that far since before Christmas) or Pendeford that I get then I can just walk, no bother at all.

Just checked and the Codsall vaccination centre is at the church on Histons Hill. 10 minute walk. I'll have that one please Bob.

If it's Codsall (I assume at our GPs, I haven't looked and I haven't been out that far since before Christmas) or Pendeford that I get then I can just walk, no bother at all.
Alderlsey Stadium is another option. I don't know how much choice you get in the matter?

Alderlsey Stadium is another option. I don't know how much choice you get in the matter?
I don't know either mate.

Just if they say "go to Edgbaston" or something then I've got a problem.

You can turn down an appointment in a place that is difficult to get to and then you will get another at some point.

My Dad's first offer was a git for him to get to and a few days later he had an appointment closer and could get there by taxi without spending a small fortune.

Telegraph apparently said today that the over 40s will be called in March.

I am of course 40 in April.

Coupled with them opening beer gardens one day after my birthday, I am fairly sure Gav is on the inside doing this on purpose just to annoy me.

When you get your letter, you go on the website, follow it through and near the end you're given options for where you go, it gives your closest one first then lists then in order of distance from your post code, so for example I had Telford International centre, then Telford FC, Woodside, Stafford and so on, you choose whichever suits you. As I said earlier I was a bit surprised not to be offered my closest one, think they are phoning/texting people on their GP register rather than sending letters.

Telegraph apparently said today that the over 40s will be called in March.

Me to my 33 year old fiancee who is constantly teasing me over my age and has been worse since I turned 40 last year:

giphy.gif

Sod waiting for a letter, I'm just going to check the website everyday now...

yeah you can do that, last week it was saying 64+ only, but I know a number of 60 year olds who went on and were able to book an appointment for the following day

I received a letter a couple of weeks back inviting me to book at one of the national centres but decided to wait for a closer venue. Having heard nothing more, I emailed my GP this morning to ask how far behind the local rollout was. They sent me a link to book locally by return, so it's worth asking.

yeah you can do that, last week it was saying 64+ only, but I know a number of 60 year olds who went on and were able to book an appointment for the following day
Which site? Link?

Back