• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

After the virus spending the BoE is now the largest holder of UK gilts or 'debt'. Except you can't owe money to yourself which is how the magic money tree works.

20210413_082002.jpg

Hadn’t planned on going to the pub yesterday as the thought of sitting in a freezing marquee with cigarette smoke blowing all over the place didn’t sound like a whole lot of fun.

But, the sun was shining intermittently and when it did it was warm. The mood was upbeat and a nice place up the road was openIng at 4.00pm on a first-come first-served basis. Just thought ’sod it’, text the wife and met her en route from work and what an absolute joy it was to sink a couple of beers.

I’d always considered myself impatient and easily irritated by people. Let’s be honest, that’s no good thing. Yesterday, there was no irritation only pleasure. People were smiling, the staff were happy, the sense of relief palpable. You wonder how long that will last, but the stark contrast to recent times was a necessary jolt, (certainly to me at least) and the reflection and appreciation of just how much we need social and recreational interaction bodes well.

Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Just took several attempts with website errors before getting through but none of the vaccination centres are in town so I will try again later. Certainly feels good though that they have moved on to under 50s

I had it really tough :)

1618306840922.png

Last edited:
Looks like it is open to anyone over 40 now

"The JCVI has just advised that the offer of vaccination during phase 2 is age-based starting with the oldest first and proceeding in the following order:
•all those aged 40 to 49 years
•all those aged 30 to 39 years
•all those aged 18 to 29 years

*Edit - online still sticking to 45-49 but the speed they are being taken the next age groups will soon be in.

Last edited:
Johnson says it's "lockdown, not vaccines" that have caused the numbers to drop off.

Well duh, of course, you fucking clown. Most people have been stuck at home doing literally nothing but work for the entirety of this calendar year, and it's the middle of April. Hardly anyone mixes with anyone, in all that time I have seen three people socially, and two of them are always at the same time. All hospitality in most of the West Mids has been closed since the first week in November.

Stop trying to gaslight people into thinking that lockdowns are anything other than an emergency measure that have to be taken when you've totally fucked up, or that they're in some way enjoyable or desirable. This has been thoroughly miserable.

28million people had their 1st vaccination 3 or more weeks ago which means they have a very high % change of not getting infected and an incredibly high chance of not requiring hospital treatment.

This figure will continue to rise to about 32m and then hold for a bit as the 2nd doses catch-up, although now we're starting the 45-49 y/o. The total vaccinateable population is approx 40m.

The rates of people under 50 requiring hospital treatment without the vaccine are incredibly small.

The hospital admissions are decreasing, the numbers in hospital are decreasing as are the numbers on ventilation. We've vaccinated all the people who are likely to require hospital treatment.

I don't see what risk we're mitigating by not letting people do more stuff now.

vaccinated people can still be carriers/spreaders is the issue i guess?

vaccinated people can still be carriers/spreaders is the issue i guess?
Spreading to who, though?

Cases are an irrelevance if they aren't causing spikes in hospitalisations, ICU capacity and/or deaths.

And if people are still highly at risk, then they shouldn't be nipping down the garden centre or the pub.

Back