• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

so the government announcement planned for after easter re universities still hasn't materialised. All indicators were we were due to reopen next week. Now it looks like universities won't reopen until mid may at the earliest.
My instinct is sage put their foot down and pushed back against re-opening universities.

We live on a housing estate which has a large student population, we saw a few come back just after christmas, then over the last month or so its about half the student houses that have some students in, the ones next door to us have been back individually for the odd night, I assume to collect stuff....it all seems a bit strange and disjointed

So just after 24hrs since i had the J&J vaccine...
Went to work after the jab, left at 4pm yesterday afternoon with a cracking headache, got home took some meds and laid down for an hour, woke up at 6:30pm with the chills and cold sweats, managed to go back off to sleep till 11pm last night, the headache had eased off some but had a low grade fever most of the night.
Stayed home today, don't feel great a bit worn down but i presume it will subside as the day goes on..

So mixed news from the EU today. After, let's call it a bumpy start rather than a right royal fuck up they have now done over 100m doses and have agreed a deal with Pfizer to get quite a lot more in for this year and billions to cover upto 2023.

Denmark though have decided the AZ vaccine is too much of a risk and won't use any of their stock. Hopefully won't to go to waste as the Czech Rep have asked for it.

Over in Israel, it seems that Passover which saw numerous large gatherings etc has had zero effect on their numbers and things continue to decline.
They are about to open their borders to fully vaccinated visitors (although until a proper vaccine passport is agreed worldwide a load of tests are still needed to enter)

Chile where they are vaccinating in high numbers but cases are rising seems to be down to the Chinese vaccine. 1 dose is pretty shit basically and it's not until the 2nd dose is done that it starts to work at a decent level.

Last edited:
So just after 24hrs since i had the J&J vaccine...
Went to work after the jab, left at 4pm yesterday afternoon with a cracking headache, got home took some meds and laid down for an hour, woke up at 6:30pm with the chills and cold sweats, managed to go back off to sleep till 11pm last night, the headache had eased off some but had a low grade fever most of the night.
Stayed home today, don't feel great a bit worn down but i presume it will subside as the day goes on..
Sounds much like what many on here have had with the AZ vaccine (except hard as nails Paul 😉)!

Just a heads up (and here seems as good a place to put it as any) - with furlough coming to an end soonish, unemployment probably set to rise and the Government pulling other business support in the coming months, Barclaycard seem to be slashing credit limits all over the shop, even if you've never missed payments, have a flawless history etc. Stories of £10k limits dropping to £1k overnight and so on.

So if you're planning a major purchase on a Barclaycard, be aware. Also it can affect your credit rating - because suddenly your utilisation will spike up massively if you have an outstanding balance.

I don't have one fortunately. Other lenders don't seem to be following suit right now but worth keeping an eye on.

Slightly on topic - Bank of England governor has said to expect negative interest rates. Monthly bank account charges, slightly cheaper loans/mortgages and no interest on savings will be probably be a thing

So I have received an email saying that I can apply for the 4th SEISS grant from 26th April. That means I'll receive it early May. My last grant was early December. In that time I have been able to work 4 full weeks and a further 4 weeks at about 20% of capacity. I'm glad I'm getting something soon, but I'll have to be honest the last 2 months in particular have been fucking hard.

So I have received an email saying that I can apply for the 4th SEISS grant from 26th April. That means I'll receive it early May. My last grant was early December. In that time I have been able to work 4 full weeks and a further 4 weeks at about 20% of capacity. I'm glad I'm getting something soon, but I'll have to be honest the last 2 months in particular have been fucking hard.
Yeah, it's scandalous. Basically a stealth two month gap.

They don't care though.

Just a heads up (and here seems as good a place to put it as any) - with furlough coming to an end soonish, unemployment probably set to rise and the Government pulling other business support in the coming months, Barclaycard seem to be slashing credit limits all over the shop, even if you've never missed payments, have a flawless history etc. Stories of £10k limits dropping to £1k overnight and so on.

So if you're planning a major purchase on a Barclaycard, be aware. Also it can affect your credit rating - because suddenly your utilisation will spike up massively if you have an outstanding balance.

I don't have one fortunately. Other lenders don't seem to be following suit right now but worth keeping an eye on.
Yeah took just under £3k off my limit last week.

Not a major problem as the card has a zero balance and its only used to pay for Hotels when we go on holiday (ahh remember those things) so not getting used anytime soon if they fancy taking more off me

Edit - Had the card around 8 years and never missed a single payment. Most time the balance was paid off within a month or 2 if it did have something on it.

surge testing of the South African Covid variant is being reintroduced in Smethwick and Cape Hill with effect from today

Back