• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

First jab yesterday. Just felt tired last night but through the night got a full on fever, now just freezing, achy and banging headache. And my arm is fucking killing.

First jab yesterday. Just felt tired last night but through the night got a full on fever, now just freezing, achy and banging headache. And my arm is fucking killing.
You'll be fine by tea time, just rest up.

Looked last night and again this morning. Fucking shite website it really is.

I'm offered Great Wyrley, Moxley, Tipton or Walsall. I don't live anywhere near any of those and I don't drive, none of them are easy to get to by public transport either. Meanwhile I have three vaccination centres within walking distance and none of them appear.

I'll have to wait it out for a while.

Meanwhile I have three vaccination centres within walking distance and none of them appear.
As I put in our chat, the centres depend on who runs them if they appear on online booking or not. Seems GP led centres do not and they are the ones where they send out texts/make calls to get people in. NHS Trust ran centres will appear on the online booking. You get some odd places come up as options as they take 30 or 35 mile range (in a straight line).
So in MD I had options of Wyrley, Wolverhampton, Warrington etc and the local one we couldn't book into

Managed to book mine last night before they announced the age change. Had no issues with the booking, but it helps being close to one of the main vaccination centres.

So I fly back home a week today. Just been on the gov.uk website to source the tests I need (even though I am vaccinated and have been for 2 or so weeks)
The price difference between providers is mental.
I booked my 2 and 8 day tests with a pharmacy in Birmingham for £175. Other providers I saw upwards of over £500!
I'll only be using the 1 test on the 2nd day I am there and won't bother with the 8th day test as I fly out on day 7, but will need a test again to fly back to the States at Heathrow.
The whole process is nauseating to say the least

It is weird - they should just use the lateral flow tests, got shed loads of them. If they give a false positive (the main risk I think) then get a PCR test.

Looked last night and again this morning. Fucking shite website it really is.

I'm offered Great Wyrley, Moxley, Tipton or Walsall. I don't live anywhere near any of those and I don't drive, none of them are easy to get to by public transport either. Meanwhile I have three vaccination centres within walking distance and none of them appear.

I'll have to wait it out for a while.

Moot point now I know but there’s a train station right by the Wyrley one.

Moot point now I know but there’s a train station right by the Wyrley one.
Only a Rugeley to Brum line so a pain if you don't live by those stations.

Does a Wolves to Walsall train exist anymore? If it does it would mean Codsall - Wolves - change. Wolves to Walsall - change. Walsall to Wyrley.

If the Wolves/Walsall train is still binned then it's Codsall to Brum then down to Wyrley.

The fact is, even if it's not as convenient for some as would be wanted, the roll out is going incredibly quickly - my eldest (at 42 yesterday) has got both booked with the first one on the 8th May

Very urban area so not far away & he does drive so wouldn't have mattered anyway.

The inconvenience for some is more a matter of when they have the jab.
So using Dan's experience as an example, he can of course ignore the online booking and wait until his GP call/text him to visit the local centre. Pointless doing that as by getting the jab next week he will be classed as fully vaccinated just in time for the new season.
Obviously if you have issues getting around then waiting it is.

On this, why are all the MP's this week who have hit the age for jabs been tweeting "waiting for the call". Book online you lazy shits and stop waiting until JVT is in town (conveniently within 24 hours of you being eligible) to ensure you get the ultimate photo opp.

Only a Rugeley to Brum line so a pain if you don't live by those stations.

Does a Wolves to Walsall train exist anymore? If it does it would mean Codsall - Wolves - change. Wolves to Walsall - change. Walsall to Wyrley.

If the Wolves/Walsall train is still binned then it's Codsall to Brum then down to Wyrley.
Nope, it's one of those ghost services that exists in name only. Runs once a week at about 5am on a Sunday just so they don't have to formally bin it.

I thought it was long dead but talk of a return with new stations in Darlaston and Willenhall?

Rumours of that for years mate, along with the Metro running that way. Doubt either will happen.
Looked like some fairly solid work was being done towards the railway idea last I saw, certainly much more feasible than the metro running that way, the line already exists but it's only used for freight at the moment I think. Build a couple of fairly basic stations and get a new train set, you're pretty much set at that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it to happen, our regional rail is shocking as it stands and there's no excuse for it. I'm very lucky in living where I do although more than one train an hour would be nice.

Back