• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

The reopening is happening. Darlaston is getting a station. Last year it was all approved

yeah, funding has been approved to reopen that line.
how long it'll take is another matter

Best spend another seven weeks waiting to open stuff properly I reckon, definitely worth it.

One thing to consider, is that about half the population haven't been vaccinated yet.

A more virulent & deadly variant (maybe the one that's in India right now) could be spread if we open everything up now. Whilst it probably won't be a problem to the vaccinated folk it might be a problem for folks who haven't yet been vaccinated or waiting for immunity to build up.

In seven weeks time there won't be many folks over 16 who won't have been vaccinated. Well more than likely have herd immunity at that point too.

Anyone under 50 with no underlying conditions is not really at risk in the first place. All this was designed so the NHS didn't get overloaded, that's not been a factor for a long time now. We really are just wasting time.

Anyone under 50 with no underlying conditions is not really at risk in the first place. All this was designed so the NHS didn't get overloaded, that's not been a factor for a long time now. We really are just wasting time.
At the moment. Letting a mutate lose on an unvaccinated population is too big a risk.

I don't buy the "stop cases to stop mutations" but I do buy the idea of vaccinating as many folk as possible before we give the virus ideal conditions to spread.

An uncontrolled mutant spread across half the population could be horrendous. A mutant spread through a vaccinated population is far, far less risky - and that will be the ongoing risk once this is all over.

Apologies in advance for what might be really stupid question, but are these recorded deaths people dying ‘with’ Covid, but not necessarily because of it?

Thanks, so at these low levels it’s not inconceivable there are no deaths ‘because’ of Covid at all.

I doubt it, there are still people on ventilators and unfortunately you would have to think some of them would die.

I'm sure the definition is out there somewhere. From what I can remember it's deaths within 28 days of a positive test

That was interesting, thank you. Was genuinely curious about how these were recorded and not looking to promote or undermine any argument.
You can see from the article just how complex the recording mechanisms are and how the data could be spun to fit agendas, plus the dangers in comparing headline statistics between different countries, which many of us have probably been guilty of, certainly in the early days at least.

Not being able to book here in Sweden yet and im 46, frustrated.. hopefully this month as the speed has picked up somewhat with vaccine deliveries

Had my 2nd AZ vaccination yesterday morning. The bad news is that for me, the aches and pains started far quicker this time(within a few hours). The good news is that were less severe, didn’t come with the shivers and seemed to have vanished by this morning.

I was told yesterday from someone I trust and will be itk that as things stand the Government will still be insisting reduced capacities come August

The link above was shared by the FT guy - he seems to think it’s because of public transport congestion. Seems a London-centric view.

Back