• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

i know, that and the deaths......but the rate of increase has surprised me given we're still under restrictions
Me too, it's mostly in under 50s though. But even so, we'll get a massive spike when restrictions are lifted

can i ask how many of you have AZ vaccine and pzifer/moderna?
I got the Jansenn/Johnson & Johnson, which from my understanding is quite similar to the AZ.

Had a Hell of a day after getting the shot, but that was it. Didn't encounter any other complications.

323 admitted on Friday in England. 1,888 in hospital currently, 330 on ventilation. Those numbers are all increasing, albeit slowly.
Rates in the north west are at similar numbers compared to the wave in the new year.

Not the same in other areas so I’m wondering if vaccine take ups were different up there.

Opening up is fine. Fucking every possible precaution off isn't
What do you think they should keep?

Personally I think allowing infections to rise rapidly when hospital demand is at its lowest, the population is at its most protected and vaccine efficacy is at its highest. Gets even more herd immunity than we already have which then decreases the impact of a winter surge.

Gaslighting people into thinking "this is normal life, it's all fine, we can carry on like this" is shameful.

It's shit.

What do you think they should keep?

Personally I think allowing infections to rise rapidly when hospital demand is at its lowest, the population is at its most protected and vaccine efficacy is at its highest. Gets even more herd immunity than we already have which then decreases the impact of a winter surge.
I think when the medical experts like Whitty and Vallance say that you should wear a mask in confined spaces then that should be mandatory and not "relying on people's personal responsibilities". We know that doesn't work and again is ignoring the medical experts.

We are in the middle of a 3rd wave, it won't be as deadly because of the vaccination situation, but even if you are vaccinated you can get poorly. Increasing the chances of spreading infection by not keeping mask wearing is stupid and is being done for political rather than public health reasons

Last edited:
I don’t disagree with the plans and it’s the right to try this - but it is ‘try’, it’s a mass experiment which has not been tried anywhere else (yet). ‘The Scientists’ are certainly not a single block in agreement with this either.

I hate agreeing with Fat Al but he's actually right when he says "if not now, then when".

We can't carry on with "just a few more weeks". On masks, I'll be chucking the lot of them as soon as I can, I hate them.

Yes, I felt rather dirty watching him yesterday but he’s right - we have to try it now.

Will be keeping my masks though as I can see most other countries requiring them for a good while.

The only surprise for me is the public transport, certainly the tube not having masks as a rule.

Plenty of people will still wear masks and have to say I have quite enjoyed not picking up random colds/man flu for the last year and will moan like a bitch when I get my first (probably within 24 hours of the Spurs game...)

I hate agreeing with Fat Al but he's actually right when he says "if not now, then when".

We can't carry on with "just a few more weeks". On masks, I'll be chucking the lot of them as soon as I can, I hate them.
Have they done any modelling around cases, hospitalisations, ventilations and deaths?

It would be really interesting to see what they think will happen

Have they done any modelling around cases, hospitalisations, ventilations and deaths?

It would be really interesting to see what they think will happen
Cases are the big numbers, but they're irrelevant now, I don't know why they keep putting the numbers up. It's as relevant as giving hay fever numbers.

We went through all this shit to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed, not to prevent people dying from Covid, as horrible as it sounds Point A isn't going to happen so we crack on.

Anyone who is nervy about it all is free to lock themselves in their house.

Seems to be all or nothing for some people, it doesn't have to be that way. Doing it now during the Summer makes sense but we don't have to throw caution to the wind completely. Keep mask wearing as it is now, pay people properly to isolate.

Back