• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Divinely touched ? Ha x Analyse the stats and you get a quite clear picture of who IS and who IS not vulnerable.

Is this in the stats, or is it cheaper to vaccinate than to screen everyone for chromosome 3?

When he began his research in March 2020, Butler-Laporte “did not expect to find much”, he says. “We thought Covid would affect everyone, but be worse for old people and not as bad for young people. But as we included more patients, we saw a clear story develop. It was surprising.”

Butler-Laporte and his colleagues found that people with variants in up to a dozen locations on the human genome were at higher risk of developing severe Covid, should they be unfortunate enough to be infected with the virus. People with variants on the chromosome 3 region alone were up to twice as likely to develop severe Covid as someone without that genetic mutation. Chromosome 3 mutations are carried in about 10% of people of European ancestry, meaning that such people have a 10% chance of being twice as susceptible to severe Covid infection

I agree which is why I have repeatedly mentioned the vaccination of vulnerable people.
You've been banging on about people's right to not get vaccinated.

Are you forcing these vulnerable people to get vaccinated now?

You've been banging on about people's right to not get vaccinated.

Are you forcing these vulnerable people to get vaccinated now?

No. It is their choice. As I said before I would rather divert funds from the war machine to the NHS.

Should society also demonise the overweight and/or those who live unhealthy lifestyle that may also be a burden on the NHS? Should they refuse treatment to the drunks that cause havoc across the weekend tying up police resources, ambulances and NHS staff.
As far as I know you can't catch Obesity or drunkenness from another person and certainly not fatally.

Any medical professionals see you for that?

I have seen medical professionals in regard to mental health issues. I trust my immune system to counter respiratory illness although as I get older or get afflicted with illness that viewpoint will no doubt change. I try and live a healthy lifestyle but not easy at times.

I've just spoken to Kenny who is mercifully on the mend but reckons without the vaccine(s) he'd have been hospitalised.
Thats good news....couple of my friends had it about a month ago, all of them have potential issues from previous problems such as cancer, heart attacks and tumours, all were ill, like having super flu symptoms but none needed hospitalizations.

As would I, I would also like people to take a very effective mitigation which is freely available to them.

We are never going to agree.

We can type on here until the cows come home and we will never agree. It is pointless, futile so let time roll on and maybe history who will decide who is right and wrong. Not sure any of us are qualified to judge each other.

My time is done here. Grateful for being allowed to write my opinion and wish all the very best. Obvious differences in opinion but I make you all a good bunch and I have enjoyed chatting with you all over the years.

UTW.

So just over 30 days. First Omicron here was discovered on 27th November which would take us to early January, but presumably hospital admissions would start rising quite sharply, maybe a couple of weeks before that? So just around Christmas.
Just after Christmas seems to be the most common timeframe I've seen

I have a situation where two non vaxed have been pinged as contacts and now have to isolate for 10 days. They are expecting to be paid of course.

Interesting dilemma.
If they HAD been vaxed they would still have been pinged as contacts!?

We are never going to agree.

We can type on here until the cows come home and we will never agree. It is pointless, futile so let time roll on and maybe history who will decide who is right and wrong. Not sure any of us are qualified to judge each other.

My time is done here. Grateful for being allowed to write my opinion and wish all the very best. Obvious differences in opinion but I make you all a good bunch and I have enjoyed chatting with you all over the years.

UTW.
Sad face

We seem to have caught Omicron relatively early (or at least whilst it was still very localized in southern Africa), so that's something. Although it's already made its way to the US so only a matter of time over here, I'd guess.

Still, if there was a state that the first case was going to pop up in, probably better that it's California and not, say, Mississippi (because of vaccination rates).

Back