• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Sky News understands... that Boris is not set to impose any further restrictions today following a review of data with Chris Whitty
Capture.JPG

What's he going to say? "Be fucking careful"? You couldn't make this shit up.

View attachment 4793

Precisely, and then if the NHS gets overwhelmed he can blame the great English public for not being careful enough. Reality is that anyone with more than half a functioning brain is making their own assessment of risks to themselves and those around them rather than taking any notice of the blithering crook of a PM who's sole ambition now is to save his political career.

Both me and Mrs Lincs tested positive this morning. She called me at work with the good news and an LFT gave me my initial positive. Awaiting PCR confirmation. Self isolation for 11 days.

We've both been flu'd up over Christmas, used LFT's because of cold like symptoms associated with Omicron but those came back negative so not sure if the virus was incubating or we've picked it up elsewhere in the interim.

Generally we both just feel under the weather with some chest tightness. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets.
Thought it was only 7 day isolation now?

hqdefault.jpg

Take your pick

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 14
No idea. Just going off what I've been told from the App and emails I've received.

View attachment 4800
Check whether your app has been updated, we got pinged last week, mine said no need to isolate, my missuses told her to isolate for 8 more days.... turned out her app hadn't been updated since August, when she updated it, said the same as mine.

Thought it was only 7 day isolation now?
There is no change to the isolation period, its still the full length of 10 days (though its calculated from the day after the test, so it's in effect 11).

However, from day 6 you can start taking LTFs and 2 consecutive days (min of 24 hours between tests) of testing negative allows you to end self isolation early on the day of the 2nd negative result.

Source: self isolating with covid. Mild cold like symptoms but with no sense of smell and my taste seems to be disappearing...

Just note about the clash of cultures, I guess...

Pastor at my parents' church is North Irish (and a damn Liverpool supporter, but hey ho), and has basically been the only church leader in the area (they're still down in north Florida) taking COVID seriously, maintaining closures the longest, social distancing/mask enforcements, etc.

Mom was telling me the other day that their membership has been almost cut in half. People are making fucking spiritual decisions over this shit. It's just nuts to me.

Over 90% of Community Covid cases are now Omicron and from 31st December no distinction will be made between Omicron and Covid when case figures are reported

I’d imagine infection with any variant gives you a protection against any other variant. If it didn’t we’d be in a lot of trouble and it wouldn’t be a “variant” it would practically be a new virus, rendering the vaccination effort useless.
I'm not sure to be honest, I don't think delta gave you much protection against Omicron.

We also needed boosters for Omicron.

Either way, I'm hoping Omicron is the beginning of the end

I'm not sure to be honest, I don't think delta gave you much protection against Omicron.
Based on what?
We also needed boosters for Omicron.
Yes because vaccines aren’t as good as infection at antigen specific immune response. Also very debateable if it was “needed” by the entire population.
Either way, I'm hoping Omicron is the beginning of the end
Well it sort of had to be pre omicron based on vaccination rates and the knock on effects of Covid and public patience. If anything omicron seems to be helping the long term picture.

Evading immunity, no doubt, it’s got a different antigenic makeup (that’s why it’s a variant) so of course it will. But the vaccine never prevented “symptomatic infection” anyway. The game is preventing severe disease.

Will vaccination or prior infection (or both) have provided *some* protection, absolutely. It has to from an immunology standpoint.

As I said, if it doesn’t then we are a fucked long term unless the virus drastically loses virulence. Or you dish out quarterly vaccines but you’d need consistent solid uptake for it to be effective.

183k cases today apparently

Anyones guess what the true figure really is.

Tried to order some LFT’s this evening but no home delivery slots available. Spoke to stepson in Manchester who is covid positive. He says he and 5 friends all positive, all LFT’s but not bothered with PCRs so no official statistical record.

If that’s a little insight into the reality of what is happening Lord only knows what the true figures are.

Reactions: jlo
Back