• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I know of at least 6 people currently self isolating with Covid. This compares to knowing literally no-one in the first lockdown who had it. Though of course, I'm assuming that could be misleading because at that point testing was not happening.

Was only ever a matter of time but I’ve got it.. felt a bit rough since yesterday but a bit of a pain with being back at work this week

Was only ever a matter of time but I’ve got it.. felt a bit rough since yesterday but a bit of a pain with being back at work this week
Hope you are not too rough mate.

Funnily enough just did a drive-thru PCR at 8.30 this morning. Yesterday evening started with early signs of a bit of a sore throat and a slightly runny nose, took LFT which was negative, booked PCR for this morning. Throat properly burning up now so will have to wait and see…….

Hope you are not too rough mate.

Funnily enough just did a drive-thru PCR at 8.30 this morning. Yesterday evening started with early signs of a bit of a sore throat and a slightly runny nose, took LFT which was negative, booked PCR for this morning. Throat properly burning up now so will have to wait and see…….
Thanks guys.

Fingers crossed it's negative Cambridge! Hope you feel better

I know of at least 6 people currently self isolating with Covid. This compares to knowing literally no-one in the first lockdown who had it. Though of course, I'm assuming that could be misleading because at that point testing was not happening.
It’s absolutely rife, even the official figures are showing that but god knows what the true figures are. I know probably 6-10, most people similar I’m sure.

I sometime wonder how many we know that have it (or suspect they might have it) that are just keeping quiet because they don’t want to suffer the restrictions. The cynic in me says that is quite a few.

Likewise. Myself & mrs jelly have had cold type symptoms since christmas eve. We've both been testing daily, yet neither of us have had a positive result thankfully.

We've also had 5 days of consistent drops in the numbers of people on ventilation.

Hospital admissions look like they might have just plateaued too.

See how the next 5-10 days go but I'm hoping were over the hump

We've also had 5 days of consistent drops in the numbers of people on ventilation.

Hospital admissions look like they might have just plateaued too.

See how the next 5-10 days go but I'm hoping were over the hump

The Nightingale Hub at St. George’s goes live on Monday. They’ve got 20 of the allocated military personnel in to help.

You are quite right about the ventilation numbers and the signs are encouraging that Covid ICU patient numbers are going to remain manageable. The overall number of non-ICU patients in hospital both ‘with’ Covid and ‘because’ of Covid is going to be a problem for some time yet.

I guess we’ve got to be pleased about the ventilation numbers but concerned about the actual need for the the Nightingale hubs too. Not sure whether they are planned as a short-term fix of as part of a long-term solution, but there are some very encouraging signs for sure.

Was hoping there was a travel thread, but couldn't find one. So i guess this is as good a place as any.

I've qualified for the Boston Marathon and will be running it on the 18th of April (Easter Monday), as it's over the holidays we are using it as an excuse for a holiday, so me, my wife and my two daughters (5 and 8) are all going to Boston from the 12th-21st of April.

Trouble is, the new Boston mayor is introducing a ruling where 5-12 year olds win need to show proof of a first vaccination to go into many indoor venues as per this article

Firstly, i'm not overly comfortable with giving my young kids the jab anyway, but obviously even if i was, it's not been approved in this country anyway.

My wife and I are fully vaccinated.

I've contacted the hotel and they've said they'll let us know, which wasn't very helpful, as yet.

So cutting to the chase, does anyone have any advice? Perhaps those that live in the States might be aware of how strictly this will be applied in Boston? We are obviously spending a significant amount of money traveling to Boston, so losing the ability to go to restaurants, museums etc puts a big dent in the appeal and freedom of the trip!

Was hoping there was a travel thread, but couldn't find one. So i guess this is as good a place as any.

I've qualified for the Boston Marathon and will be running it on the 18th of April (Easter Monday), as it's over the holidays we are using it as an excuse for a holiday, so me, my wife and my two daughters (5 and 8) are all going to Boston from the 12th-21st of April.

Trouble is, the new Boston mayor is introducing a ruling where 5-12 year olds win need to show proof of a first vaccination to go into many indoor venues as per this article

Firstly, i'm not overly comfortable with giving my young kids the jab anyway, but obviously even if i was, it's not been approved in this country anyway.

My wife and I are fully vaccinated.

I've contacted the hotel and they've said they'll let us know, which wasn't very helpful, as yet.

So cutting to the chase, does anyone have any advice? Perhaps those that live in the States might be aware of how strictly this will be applied in Boston? We are obviously spending a significant amount of money traveling to Boston, so losing the ability to go to restaurants, museums etc puts a big dent in the appeal and freedom of the trip!
Can't tell you about Boston, but New York who have the same rules rigidly enforce it in hospitality and entertainment I'm afraid.

I would not expect the experience in Boston to differ from the experience in NYC, unfortunately. Things could change (in either direction) by the time you're scheduled to be out here. And it's possible exceptions may be made given your citizenship.

Congrats on qualifying! Well wishes to you and the wife as you consider your options here, EP.

mrs jelly tested positive yesterday and today after a few days of feeling ill.
yesterdays LTF was a very very faint line that you really had to look for.
Todays, the positive line appeared instantly, before the test line!

mrs jelly tested positive yesterday and today after a few days of feeling ill.
yesterdays LTF was a very very faint line that you really had to look for.
Todays, the positive line appeared instantly, before the test line!
Wish her well for me matey, knowing the husband she has to tolerate, a pandemic should be a walk in the park for her :)

Back