• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

My daughter tested positive (for the 2nd time) this morning. I’m sure we’ll all have it again by the end of the week.

Don’t bank on it. I tested positive last Wednesday and neither of my two have had it. Mind you they do tend stay as far away from me as possible 99% of the time.

Seems odd that despite omicron evidently being very transmissible, keep hearing more and more about households where one person gets it and others are just unaffected. Maybe you recall things differently over time but in the first wave it felt as though once it entered a household that was it for everyone. Just doesn’t appear to be the case this time. Granted that’s anecdotal, but with the high numbers testing positive it would be a bizarre paradox if that was the case.

Seems odd that despite omicron evidently being very transmissible, keep hearing more and more about households where one person gets it and others are just unaffected. Maybe you recall things differently over time but in the first wave it felt as though once it entered a household that was it for everyone. Just doesn’t appear to be the case this time. Granted that’s anecdotal, but with the high numbers testing positive it would be a bizarre paradox if that was the case.

Nearly 100k cases yesterday and the highest deaths figure in 11 months yet restrictions can be eased from tomorrow in schools and next week in other places.

I'm happy that the peak seems to be over and that cases/hospitalisations are travelling in the right direction but for me this is a stunt to try and save his own career rather than doing what is best on public health grounds.

So from the 24th of March, if you have coronavirus there will be no restrictions placed on you at all, no isolation, no nothing.

Amazing.

I'm happy that the peak seems to be over and that cases/hospitalisations are travelling in the right direction but for me this is a stunt to try and save his own career rather than doing what is best on public health grounds.
It probably is a stunt, but what is the best to do on public health grounds now?

The Sage predictions have all been proven ridiculously over stated, and they were the basis of what those restrictions before Christmas came in for.

What is the best to do on public health grounds at this point?

The Plan B measures in England have been so flimsy that I doubt they've had any material impact. Mask wearing theatre is the main one that people will experience day to day, I don't think you're gaining or losing anything there, it's all for show at this stage. Scotland and Wales went stricter and for longer, their numbers don't look "better" now than those in England.

It seems to be a fairly simple equation with Omicron, there's a reasonable chance you'll get it whatever you do, if you're double/triple vaccinated you might be a bit ill at worst and that's it, if you're unvaccinated you're fairly likely to go to hospital and you might die. If you're old and/or medically vulnerable then it might get you because well, you're old and/or ill in the first place. There'll be exceptions but that seems to how it runs. Anyone who isn't vaccinated now and doesn't have a genuine medical reason why not can, to be honest, fuck off.

I don't see the benefit in keeping any of the December measures any longer, it's (very light) restrictions for the sake of it.

Ending isolation completely seems a weird one to me though.

That's the power of vaccination, baby.

It probably is a stunt, but what is the best to do on public health grounds now?

The Sage predictions have all been proven ridiculously over stated, and they were the basis of what those restrictions before Christmas came in for.

What is the best to do on public health grounds at this point?

In no expert but I'd stick with them until the numbers are lower in terms of cases, maybe to a quarter of where we are now. That rate of cases might well come to fruition in a couple of weeks.

BJ has to go hasn´t he?

also, he is so far off the Egg´s hair :)

A lot of Americans asked this very question during Bush's presidency.

The answer was yes. Way, way, way worse.
He has lost the people, extraordinary situation with people living with Covid for years and BJ partying on...if he survives he will be gone in the next election anyway

Will be interesting what happens in the US, I have thought about another civil war, maybe Trump and the republicans will take over once again..he has brainfucked a lot of people, should work with something else,,social media has a lot to do with algorithms and what you will believe in..people living like they always have, with coal, oil and such and dont see climate change

Back