• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I've been surprised by how many people around these parts still wear their masks religiously.

Back in Florida it's all bare cheeks, though. In more than one sense.

Certain parts of the media are still winding me up on how they report cases/deaths. Zero context used when creating their clickbait headlines.

Last Tuesday there was an issue with reporting the full death numbers so the number released was less than it should be, the following day they were added (quickly followed by the media going nuts on the death numbers).

So todays figure comes out, higher than last week of course but death numbers still in decline....do they try and show context or just put a scary headline out

FLFnnxMWUAUjKoc

Notice in terms of cases, they don't mention a huge drop on last week though...(it was over 110k cases last Tuesday)

After dodging it for almost two years, myself and the missus have both got the plague. I have been off work since Wed with what I thought was a chest infection as I was coughing up phlegm. Had a negative test on Tue but yesterday we were both positive.

We have followed all the rules very closely and always wear masks, so the only place we could have caught it is when we went for lunch with my MiL last Sunday. That was the only time we were unmasked last weekend. Felt pretty rough for two days but starting to feel better now. Still have a sore throat and a bit of a cough but the aches and pains have subsided

Masks are more about stopping your own possible spread than stopping your own infection, no?

I may be misremembering that.

Hope you're on the mend soon, Dub!

Question for all Who have had Covid and particularly those who have had it recently.

I had Covid in mid December and it was very mild/nothing other than loss of taste and smell.

However now I am constantly getting a really thick mucus in my throat which I can barely clear either forward or backwards. It’s so viscous it’s just basically Stuck back there to the point that when I breathe through my nose it sometimes obstructs my Airway completley and I have to breathe though my mouth.

Just wondering if this is potentially a side effect of Covid or just something completely different

Question for all Who have had Covid and particularly those who have had it recently.

I had Covid in mid December and it was very mild/nothing other than loss of taste and smell.

However now I am constantly getting a really thick mucus in my throat which I can barely clear either forward or backwards. It’s so viscous it’s just basically Stuck back there to the point that when I breathe through my nose it sometimes obstructs my Airway completley and I have to breathe though my mouth.

Just wondering if this is potentially a side effect of Covid or just something completely different
I want to say that I've read something about people experiencing long-term effects like that, but I wouldn't quote me on it.

After dodging it for almost two years, myself and the missus have both got the plague. I have been off work since Wed with what I thought was a chest infection as I was coughing up phlegm. Had a negative test on Tue but yesterday we were both positive.

We have followed all the rules very closely and always wear masks, so the only place we could have caught it is when we went for lunch with my MiL last Sunday. That was the only time we were unmasked last weekend. Felt pretty rough for two days but starting to feel better now. Still have a sore throat and a bit of a cough but the aches and pains have subsided

Just got it myself after avoiding it previously...I still mask up when it seems appropriate, I came back to Wolverhampton for my mom's funeral on Monday so think I picked it up there of all places... it's pretty mild though, just like a bit of a grotty cold. Hope you feel better soon mate

I currently have this and is the reason why I believed I had a chest infection.
Coughing up thick yellow mucus which I wasnt aware was a symptom of Covid. I have a tickly cough which is a symptom, but I had not heard that producing mucus was.
I also have blocked sinuses and what is coming out of them is also thick and viscous

Just got it myself after avoiding it previously...I still mask up when it seems appropriate, I came back to Wolverhampton for my mom's funeral on Monday so think I picked it up there of all places... it's pretty mild though, just like a bit of a grotty cold. Hope you feel better soon mate
And same to you.
Condolences on the passing of your mother. Look after yourself

Coughing up thick yellow mucus which I wasnt aware was a symptom of Covid. I have a tickly cough which is a symptom, but I had not heard that producing mucus was.
I also have blocked sinuses and what is coming out of them is also thick and viscous
That's exactly the symptons I had in Oct/Nov 2019...

I have zero other symptoms though. I’m completely fine. Just this constant horrible thick mucus being produced.

Me and my partner both had covid over Christmas and she had something, she had to provide a specimen of sputum. I did too but it cleared up within your usual time frame, hers lasted about three weeks.

Me and my partner both had covid over Christmas and she had something, she had to provide a specimen of sputum. I did too but it cleared up within your usual time frame, hers lasted about three weeks.
What was the driver for doing a sputum specimen and what was the outcome/treatment? (If you don’t mind saying of course).

I’m not one to go to the doctors (takes weeks to get an appointment even before Covid and I don’t really get ill) and it’s not a major issue, just wondered if it was Covid related.

So, so sorry for your loss !

In Ireland now, you dont need a positive PCR test to register your case with the Health service, a positive antigen is enough and you just fill in an online form with details of your symptoms, dates, close contacts etc.

The wife just got a phone call claiming to be from the HSE following up as she had been flagged as a close contact (by me)
The guy on the phone knew her name and was offering to organise a PCR test or to send out antigen tests. We have loads of antigen tests as we get them from work so we turned that down so he insisted we had to get a PCR test. Now we know that in Ireland, you dont need to take a PCR anymore, it's not mandatory. But he was insisting and started asking for my wife's date of birth and maiden name.... all PII that can be used to set up a fake acct or to verify a blocked acct...
I quickly Googled the phone number and it has been reported as a scam that asks you to pay for a PCR test or antigen tests.

It was quite sophisticated and freaky to know that our HSE is still vulnerable after the hack last year.

DiL has it for the second time & sounded wiped out when I spoke to them on Wednesday (hasn't helped that she is 5 months pregnant) - she does work in a nursery, so a high risk venue. My son is still testing negative despite living with her

I am supposidly vulnerable & have been in risky environments (I.E pubs in Wolverhampton & the 30,000+ crowd at the ground) without getting it

What was the driver for doing a sputum specimen and what was the outcome/treatment? (If you don’t mind saying of course).

I’m not one to go to the doctors (takes weeks to get an appointment even before Covid and I don’t really get ill) and it’s not a major issue, just wondered if it was Covid related.

Sorry for the delay read your reply at work and then got sidetracked and forgot about it. She was really quite ill with the virus, to the point we had to call out paramedics because her breathing tanked. Paramedic believed she had a bacterial chest infection in addition to the virus and the doctor ordered the tests when the covid passed but the second course of antibiotics were ineffective. She continued bringing it up for a week after the second course finished and next steps were a chest xray but things cleared up and we never heard anything about the tests so we assume it didn't raise any concerns.

Back