• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Whenever things eased off in the summer and the football season started things were basically normal, I can’t even remember if there were any other restrictions around then?

They obviously bought the masks back in (was there anything else?) which was an inconvenience but no big deal if I actually remembered to a) leave one in my car, b) take it out with me to the shop/petrol station front door, rather than getting their then getting guilt tripped into going back into to get it to spend 15 seconds in the shop paying for petrol.

Didn’t have to show a Covid pass at any home game and never had issues walking into to pubs/bars at home or away, I haven’t be abroad since it all started and if we go out anywhere my wife books it so never noticed that hassle with bookings.

The restrictions obviously in 20/21 autumn/winter/spring were a total ball ache particularly after the original lockdown, which was Ok and you got on with because it was new, but you wouldn’t ever want to do it again.

I'm pretty much living my life as normal. Treble jabbed, so there's not much more I can do. I don't want to live like a hermit anymore so if I get it, I get it....hopefully I won't die but its a chance I'm prepared to take. If I do get it then I will avoid family and friends till its gone, even though I don't heed to.

Whenever things eased off in the summer and the football season started things were basically normal, I can’t even remember if there were any other restrictions around then?

They obviously bought the masks back in (was there anything else?) which was an inconvenience but no big deal if I actually remembered to a) leave one in my car, b) take it out with me to the shop/petrol station front door, rather than getting their then getting guilt tripped into going back into to get it to spend 15 seconds in the shop paying for petrol.

Didn’t have to show a Covid pass at any home game and never had issues walking into to pubs/bars at home or away, I haven’t be abroad since it all started and if we go out anywhere my wife books it so never noticed that hassle with bookings.

The restrictions obviously in 20/21 autumn/winter/spring were a total ball ache particularly after the original lockdown, which was Ok and you got on with because it was new, but you wouldn’t ever want to do it again.
Wow.....

...You're married?

Was away on a stag do at the weekend, been feeling shitty since Tuesday evening and just done a positive LFT. Currently 5 of us who were away have now done positive tests this morning

4 of the 6 i went to the rugby with on saturday have tested positive. I'm doing the stafford half marathon on sunday so really hoping I don't get it...

4 of the 6 i went to the rugby with on saturday have tested positive. I'm doing the stafford half marathon on sunday so really hoping I don't get it...
Out of interest, why did they test?

Also if you feel well enough you should do the race, you'll be outside, as will everyone else, the chances of passing it on are tiny, and even then the chances now of anyone getting particularly ill are tiny.

Out of interest, why did they test?

Also if you feel well enough you should do the race, you'll be outside, as will everyone else, the chances of passing it on are tiny, and even then the chances now of anyone getting particularly ill are tiny.
Out of a duty of care for others I would imagine. I've tested every day since too.

If I am positive I will be staying at home, mostly out of a similar duty of care but also because I do not want to get a shitty time

Really high number of people I work with remotely have come down with it this week. All different parts of the country, quite striking.

The school my son teaches at has loads of cases, also the 2 schools my missus deals with.
It's the way it's gunna be forever.

Eventually I bet we end up on an annual cycle of vaccinations for it a la influenza.

EDIT: Which will freak people out but shouldn't because it's already been normalized. Fucking jackasses.

Eventually I bet we end up on an annual cycle of vaccinations for it a la influenza.

EDIT: Which will freak people out but shouldn't because it's already been normalized. Fucking jackasses.
Oh absolutely, this is the plan going forward

Out of a duty of care for others I would imagine. I've tested every day since too.

If I am positive I will be staying at home, mostly out of a similar duty of care but also because I do not want to get a shitty time

I'm no doctor but I would imagine that if you have a virus and you put your body through extreme exertion, then it may be dangerous.

I'm no doctor but I would imagine that if you have a virus and you put your body through extreme exertion, then it may be dangerous.
I'm still struggling with running 4 months after having had Covid. I'm out of breath so much more quickly and easily than I was before having it and I'm running at least 30 seconds per kilometre slower. I would regularly have done 10-20k training runs, I've not done more than 8k since.

Depends, if you are asymptomatic and only know you have it because you have tested, then I'd say this won't be the case.

I've got it at the moment - had avoided it completely until now. Girlfriend came back from a hen and they'd all come down with it within 48 hours. Not pleasant, but nothing horrendous thankfully.

My old man is nearly 86 and had a pacemaker fitted on Monday. Him and my mum are in amazingly good health apart from his historically low heart beat which was addressed with the pacemaker the other day. They’ve pretty much been paranoid about covid since the beginning and it’s consumed their lives. Even now they rarely go out and I’m not sure they’ve been anywhere else that is indoors. Granted they are at an ’at risk’ age and they needed to heed the advice at the beginning, but now triple vaccinated, with milder Omicron and better treatments available you’d hope it’s time to start living some sort of life again.

Anyway, spoke to him last night and says he has “a cold” which he reckons started a couple of days after the spell in hospital. Hmm. To be honest, on the very big proviso he comes through ok, I bloody well hope it is Covid. The damaging affect on their lives trying to avoid the damn thing is immeasurable. Can’t stress enough the caveat that he comes through ok, but you do wonder at this stage that the greater damage is being caused by the by-products of Covid than the actual thing itself.

Back