• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Vaccines aren’t designed to prevent transmission. They are designed to keep you alive if you get the fucking thing.

The hospital I worked at was on it's knees during lockdown. 450 ish out off 600 ish beds had a covid positive patient at one point which I thought was bonkers, probably more relevant, all 20 odd intensive care beds were positive for a long time. Now it floats around 50 and zero intensive care for a while now. So I guess the vaccines worked. Just a mad situation

Agree on masks though! Finally got to stop wearing one today (in office and corridors - wards still required)

The NHS has been on it's knees every winter for years (due in no small part to respiratory illness - Winter 2016 particularly stands out) The UK population has risen nearly 15% since 1997 and investment has been nowhere close to optimal. What is the current waiting list ?

Seems the Pfizer Vaccine has some really good numbers on stopping transmission. Again all coming from Israel, where data is being released daily.

Also it seems whoever advised our Government on delaying the 2nd dose, even though Pfizer said 3 weeks between doses, has got it spot on.

Hindsight and all that ...

Some new data.

The NHS has been on it's knees every winter for years (due in no small part to respiratory illness - Winter 2016 particularly stands out) The UK population has risen nearly 15% since 1997 and investment has been nowhere close to optimal. What is the current waiting list ?

Depends on the op. Some have letters going back 2 years. I'd say the worse field as a whole is dermatology

Hindsight and all that
Top digging sir.

Tbh honest I had forgotten about those as that was, in Covid dating 15 years ago... but as you can see it was reducing transmission rather than stopping. I believe as the vaccines rolled out the info given was more at the it protects you rather than it stops it. Certainly by the time I was vaccinated that was the public health message.

Would the reduction in transmission not just be a by product of it's suppression of symptoms? By helping people combat the virus and it's effects you've got less viral load, less people coughing as badly and so you're reducing the volume of virus than an infected person spreads about.

Top digging sir.

Tbh honest I had forgotten about those as that was, in Covid dating 15 years ago... but as you can see it was reducing transmission rather than stopping. I believe as the vaccines rolled out the info given was more at the it protects you rather than it stops it. Certainly by the time I was vaccinated that was the public health message.

No worries, Bob ...

Think the doctor explained very well the bullshit in respect of transmission claims. In fact I wouldn't believe a word a politician or any of the big pharma who are making billons claim. I do not trust any of them. It is all slowly unravelling - interesting developments concerning pregnant and breastfeeding women. Your status in life should never depend on whether you have been vaccinated or not.

Would the reduction in transmission not just be a by product of it's suppression of symptoms? By helping people combat the virus and it's effects you've got less viral load, less people coughing as badly and so you're reducing the volume of virus than an infected person spreads about.

Not when the propaganda machine was suggesting transmission was asymptomatic. In a couple of years time the data presented for the control group ( unvaccinated ) compared to the vaccinated might be of interest if that Israeli study I linked is anything to go by. Anyway, they've forgotten about covid, the next great fear is climate and net-zero.

Depends on the op. Some have letters going back 2 years. I'd say the worse field as a whole is dermatology

Instead of sending weapons to Ukraine and wasting billions on lockdowns they should be brokering peace in Ukraine (see Minsk Agreement for details) and investing in the NHS. Mind you peace in Ukraine would mean they have no excuse for the shit show that will be occurring over the winter.

Having Covid whilst pregnant (like flu) is worse for your foetus than the vaccine. So you have the vaccine to minimise risk (not eliminate).

There’s also no evidence it is harmful for pregnant/breastfeeding, there’s just no evidence it isn’t. Same as there’s no trial evidence parachutes work as we’ve never found a sample of people willing to jump out of one without one to test it.

Having Covid whilst pregnant (like flu) is worse for your foetus than the vaccine. So you have the vaccine to minimise risk (not eliminate).

There’s also no evidence it is harmful for pregnant/breastfeeding, there’s just no evidence it isn’t. Same as there’s no trial evidence parachutes work as we’ve never found a sample of people willing to jump out of one without one to test it.

Erm, yeah ... it's the bit where they encourage pregnant and breastfeeding women to get the vaccine and then a while
later take a U-turn.

I made no reference to what politicians said to people.

Just said there is no evidence it is bad for you. And common sense tells you it isn’t, even without a study same as parachutes

I made no reference to what politicians said to people.

Just said there is no evidence it is bad for you. And common sense tells you it isn’t, even without a study same as parachutes

I know you didn't.

I personally find it concerning how the vaccine is promoted to this cohort while at the same time a document exists ( I stand to be corrected ) that says ' sufficient reassurance of safe use of the vaccine in pregnant women cannot be provided at the present time '.

Maybe there is no evidence because there is a lack of extensive clinical trials - therefore emergency use ? This is all very well if there is informed consent but that's just my supposition.

Last edited:
I know you didn't.

I personally find it concerning how the vaccine is promoted to this cohort while at the same time a document exists ( I stand to be corrected ) that says ' sufficient reassurance of safe use of the vaccine in pregnant women cannot be provided at the present time '.

Maybe there is no evidence because there is a lack of extensive clinical trials - therefore emergency use ? This is all very well if there is informed consent but that's just my supposition.
It’s promoted because influenza messes up pregnant ladies and their foetus. It’s also pretty bad for neonates.

So give them a jab to stop it being a problem.

So common sense says Covid is/was the same and the vaccine would have the same benefits and risks.

There was informed consent and no one was forced to have it.

So given your understanding of medicine is awful maybe try a little bit less of the supposition?

Back