• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

When the boris/hairdryer story first broke I genuinely thought it was a spoof.
Turns out that he also suggested he be injected with covid on live TV at the beginning to show there was no major risk, and it was also confirmed a witness did hear him say "let the bodies pile high" rather than having a 2nd lock down.

When the boris/hairdryer story first broke I genuinely thought it was a spoof.
Turns out that he also suggested he be injected with covid on live TV at the beginning to show there was no major risk, and it was also confirmed a witness did hear him say "let the bodies pile high" rather than having a 2nd lock down.
Not a witness with an axe to grind either. Lord Lister who was a longstanding colleague at London city hall and Downing Street who he then put in the House of Lords.

Vallance is an engaging witness today. Hilarious that the KC listed 6 different examples of boris not understanding concepts. the final one was apparently boris is never able to understand information in a graph.
sunak's statements are being criticised. he has told the enquiry that sage/scientists approved eat out to help out. every scientist has disagreed and Vallance confirms this.
Most worryingly, is that when the govt wanted to reopen hospitality, they wanted "the science" to be changed to enable this.

from the bbc;
O'Connor brings up another diary excerpt that seems to suggest that on that day, 25 October 2020, Boris Johnson was unconcerned about Covid deaths.

Vallance wrote: "PM meeting begins to argue for letting it (Covid) all rip. Saying yes, there will be more casualties but so be it - 'they have had a good innings'."

The inquiry hears that Johnson may not have been alone in thinking this way. According to Vallance's diary, Dominic Cummings said: "Rishi [Sunak] thinks just let people die and that's okay".

Vallance wrote at the time: "This all feels like a complete lack of leadership."

also "did hancock say things that were not true" answer "yep".

It's somehow even worse than I imagined. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that the 'he's doing his best!' crowd were morons but he's even more inept than I realised.

Inquiry hears that Boris Johnson’s witness statement says ‘eat out to help out’ was “properly discussed” with health/science officials. Whitty says he and Vallance were not consulted: “I think we should have been.”

Rishi in particular seems to be a complete bullshitter, as his statement contains loads of things that have been contradicted by more than one witness.

Think this is the relevant thread very large pneumonia type outbreaks in china, affecting mainly children, Beijing and Liaoning hospitals starting to be unable to cope.
Good luck everybody.

Thank goodness for Prat Hancock. Without him being there (according to him) heaven knows what would have happened.

Hugo Keith calling him out as a liar for suddenly remembering that he called for an earlier lockdown when it wasn't noted anywhere and he didn't put it into his book.

Hancock continues to give off the Steve Kean vibe of being ludicrously overpromoted beyond his ability or CV, but simultaneously being convinced that he is indeed The Man.

Idiot.

He's a lying bar steward but I do have a belief that he was trying for earlier interventions. Its a pity that he was/is a stupid buffoon who got to where he was due to where he was prepared to stick his tongue rather than on ability. If Johnson hadn't surrounding himself with half wits then there may have been enough push back to force health based interventions earlier.
The fact that it took until yesterday for him finally to admit the ring of steel was all bollocks and that the crap about unknown asymptomatic cases was being peddled months later during the crisis is something that the twat should never be forgiven for.

Was he trying for earlier intervention? I thought it was common knowledge that he didn't want Cheltenham cancelled as he had links to the owners/organisers.

That would have been the earliest of early intervention.

Yep, he's massively in pocket to the horse racing industry, as befits the MP for Newmarket. Not even an open secret that one, it's just fact.

Cheltenham wouldn't have been early in reality, given what was already happening in Southern Europe, we closed the pubs the following week and locked down a few days afterwards

Back