• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Cost me 40 quid last time to fill up.....for my motorbike!

£85 for me yesterday. Wasn’t even close to empty too 😬

you should never fill your car above halfway, unless doing a huge journey imo. All you are doing is carrying around excess weight, and using more fuel to carry that weight.

Should have a plug in hybrid in July, because the company lease cars rather than buy them they are bloody expense to lease so need to compromise a lot in terms of standard, but will save me about £4k a year in tax

Should have a plug in hybrid in July, because the company lease cars rather than buy them they are bloody expense to lease so need to compromise a lot in terms of standard, but will save me about £4k a year in tax
For now. That benefit will be taken away as soon as the treasury realise what it is costing them.

Can't get my head around the metrics some companies use to determine their company car lists.

The car I'm waiting for costs about 50% more than the best/closest alternative I could've had at my old place, both PHEV. If I'd looked at standard ICE then it was maybe a 20% uplift compared to what I could've picked previously. However, if I'd opted for pure electric then I'd have been picking from a far lower spec of cars here than what I'd had available previously. Must be some employer side tax implications that have been viewed differently from one company to another I assume but seems odd nonetheless.

Think this hire car I have costs me about 5 or 6 times what my old PHEV did, can't wait to drop some of that extra tax burden and the associated fuel bill.

I "filled up" my Tesla yesterday at Lidl from 15% to 90% charge. Cost me £16.

On the flip side it took 1hr 20min, but I just walked into town for a bit while it was charging.

No excess weight added either (other than microscopic quantities thanks to e=mc²).

I drive a Dodge Nitro. I need a tanker to follow me! Its now on sparing use and the Meriva gets the miles. Even that is 80 quid.

It’s a real indication of the huge rise in petrol prices that when I worked for Shell in the nineties the pumps had an automatic cut off at £50 value (apart from the HGV pump). You had to authorise a second fill and combine the two transactions. Only things like Bentleys needed to do that.

I’m so glad I’ve not owned a car in 20 years or so, I’ve cycled and public transport it everywhere, was thinking of starting a mobile bike mechanic thing, sort of glad I didn’t, as I’d be looking at near £200 to fill a van ( they tend to be 100-125 litre tanks) that’s a lot of bikes to fix to fill it

60% price increase on my dual fuel bill confirmed today from BG. Happy days.

It’s a real indication of the huge rise in petrol prices that when I worked for Shell in the nineties the pumps had an automatic cut off at £50 value (apart from the HGV pump). You had to authorise a second fill and combine the two transactions. Only things like Bentleys needed to do that.
Has Penk still got that giant Ford pickup thing ? That must be drinking fuel

I drive a Dodge Nitro. I need a tanker to follow me! Its now on sparing use and the Meriva gets the miles. Even that is 80 quid.
Was once given a Nitro to drive while my Prius was being repaired. Would drive around town watching the gauge go down. It was advertised as fuel efficient - and by American standards it was.

you should never fill your car above halfway, unless doing a huge journey imo. All you are doing is carrying around excess weight, and using more fuel to carry that weight.
Is a extra 20kg going to make that much difference in a 2 ton car?

Back