• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Scottish Power said that the payment will be reviewed every three months but that I should also check out their fixed rate deals. £3125 per month. That doesn’t seem to be a very good deal either but they will throw in Boiler Insurance for £3.50 per month so that’s something to think about.

Good grief, you're power bill is gunna be significantly more than our total income!

Its crazy price. I only have electric and live in a modest three bed terrace house. Its rural so there is no gas. Our heating is storage heaters supplemented by wood burner and some stand alone air blower heaters for instant heat. My wife has a medical condition where she really feels the cold so warmth in the winter is vital. My deal 2 years ago was 8p per unit for night and 14 p for day. Now there isnt a deal , its 15p per night unit and 22p per day unit. Given the companies going bust finding a better deal is hard. We have a hot tub , but even so. £250 a month is steep.

FB_IMG_1646850573382.jpg
Might have to sell my house to fund filling my car with Diesel

I was seeing high 180s when I went to pick up Squeeze from Bentley Bridge this morning. The price is now officially insane. It's rising by 10p a day. Could do with some government help to avoid the pain. So they push on with whacking up our NI payments instead.

Diesel in MD has gone from £147.9 to that in under a week.

My garage has gone from 157.9 to 186.9 since Friday. The £2 litre will be here in 48 hours. J9 has told work that she won't be attending the office in Cardiff as it is now simply unaffordable so back to WFH.

Plus there is a nice bonus that the rise in fuel prices will mean bus and taxi fares will shoot up too. Not to mention rises in food prices as those HGVs don't run on magic beans. This country is shit.

199.9/litre for diesel in Stafford, I've been told....

Fuel bill gone from £95pm with company who went bust in October to £155 with company who took the contract over to £247 in April

Christ. It's got to the point where I can't afford to run my car any more.

Maybe some good news...oil has fallen from $139 a barrel to $106.

Presume we will see that reduction in 3 or 4 weeks...

Wholesale gas prices also fall by 30%

Surely the wholesale costs haven’t hit the forecourts yet? Profiteering by the look of it.

No clue how it works but always seems to be within a day of announced rises in cost the price at the pump rises. Takes ages when they fall....or maybe it just feels like that.

you're right kenny. it's like the chippy always put their prices up when potatoes go out of season, but they don't come back down when in season.

you're right kenny. it's like the chippy always put their prices up when potatoes go out of season, but they don't come back down when in season.
The upside of that is it’s pretty easy to bodyswerve the chippy for an alternative and the majority of them are shit anyway. Captive audience with petrol.

I was seeing high 180s when I went to pick up Squeeze from Bentley Bridge this morning. The price is now officially insane. It's rising by 10p a day. Could do with some government help to avoid the pain. So they push on with whacking up our NI payments instead.
Its topped €2 per litre of unleaded for the first time ever here. The Government have announced a 20c cut on excise duty but that will be quickly eaten up by more inflation.

Getting rid if red diesel on construction sites the end of the month, nice timing.

Went from €1.80 ish to €2.20 here in the space of 2 two days for unleaded. Now at €2.20 - €2.30 depending on petrol station.

Back