• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Sunak is going to have to make some interesting decisions. We'll soon see how popular he remains.
He's either going to have to borrow, or explicitly tell people to suck up a massive hit to their wallets.
There will be public sector workers who have slogged for over 2 years now working in response to the pandemic, working extra hours, and also whilst home schooling their kids, and they're going to be in the region of 2k a year worse off in real terms, having had next to no pay rises for a decade.

David Cameron is, according to the front page of the Torygraph, asking for the return of austerity measures.

I on the other hand am asking for cameron to be answerable regarding the impact of austerity, the preventable deaths it created, the impact of the referendum vote and his lack of accountability, and especially for his lobbying activities that the cunt was engaged in doing.
a 5 year stretch at wormwood scrubs should suffice.

Sunak isn't popular anyway. He sort of got a bump when he was giving away free money (shock horror, although the aftermath of that doesn't look too clever with how slipshod the admin was and we've now got to write off literally billions from fraud) but his political CV would struggle to fill a side of A4, he's shit in interviews, he has no charisma, bit of an awkward weirdo, no empathy, at heart he's still an ultra-libertarian Brexit wanker. And he's 4'3''.

Dunno if fuel has gone down a bit today but on my way through Stafford today the Shell on the main drag and the one on the Eccleshall Road junction are listing diesel at 175.9 and e10 at 164.9....in fact all the garages I went past were 175.9 (didn't check supermarkets). E10 in Newport Esso was 159.9

Just filled up the wifes little runaround with petrol, £50, used to be £30.

our fuel bill dd has just been increased by £828 a year 🥶

Up by £600 for gas and £300 for electric despite going from a household of 5 to a household of 1. I'm going to call them to demand meter readings.

Up by £600 for gas and £300 for electric despite going from a household of 5 to a household of 1. I'm going to call them to demand meter readings.
Have to do your own meter reads these days.

I did that when I took over the running of the house. Better do some more soon to show that their estimates are cack.

Good job we moved them all outside for ease of access for meter readers :rolleyes:
Err no, it’s more to do with having gas pre-reg flowing into your house is a really bad idea.

I did that when I took over the running of the house. Better do some more soon to show that their estimates are cack.
Worth doing it every month or better still get a smart meter fitted to do it for you.

Back