• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Creation Day Festival coming to Wolverhampton (for 90s-00s indie/brit pop kids)

pacamac

Reaction score
https://www.expressandstar.com/ente...stival-set-to-rock-wolverhampton-next-summer/

Looks decent, bit of a nostalgia heavy line up (but there's a big market out there for that) but definitely up my street!

Obvious with the current climate I'd have doubts on it going ahead in May/not being restricted in some way but gonna ignore that for now.
Don't need the naysayers jumping on the 'it'll get cancelled' band wagon, maybe some of us want to hope and have things to look forward to! We all know how shit things are at the moment don't need reminding.

Certainly a boost for the City its a decent mid level two day festival that will surely attract people from further afield.

Nice to see the council seeming to be proactive on this (don't mention the cock up re the Civic hall ha).

Always thought they should look at putting something like this on in West Park. Know they do that WV1 tribute festival on a smaller scale but anyone who went to the promotion event there will know its able to hold a much larger scale event like this. Bank holiday weekend too which is always a bonus for something thats on he Sunday night.

That will be fun. Ash, Sleeper, Black Grape and the Monday's are great live bands. Hope you get the weather for it

I'm all over that, should be good fun (as long as we are actually allowed to have that again)

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Cast on the lineup too. Another solid live band. I would defo go to that if I lived in Wolves, both days too.

Saw Cast (supporting Weezer) a few months before their first single launched. They were fantastic live, a proper rock band. Their recorded stuff was then something of a disappointment in comparison.

I used to tape Glastonbury off the Beeb and Cast always got the place rocking.

Since I read this post earlier I have been on a Madchester vibe, playing Happy Mondays, Charlatans, Stone Roses, james, Mock Turtles, Primal Scream etc.
Great tunes on a Friday

I used to tape Glastonbury off the Beeb and Cast always got the place rocking.

Since I read this post earlier I have been on a Madchester vibe, playing Happy Mondays, Charlatans, Stone Roses, james, Mock Turtles, Primal Scream etc.
Great tunes on a Friday
More of the Charlatans were from Wolvo than Middlewich/Cheshire

Indeed, they used to drink in a SHITE pub on the Vention. Around 96/97 ish.

Indeed, they used to drink in a SHITE pub on the Vention. Around 96/97 ish.
The late Jon Brookes (drummer) god rest his soul, was a shit fan. Think at least one of them was Wolves though (Martin Blunt I think).

Looks a decent line-up. Have been to the WV1 fest a couple of times at West Park and enjoyed. May well give this a go.

The good lady has got us tickets. I knew I liked her for a reason.

Back