• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 30/10 Build-up & Match Thread

Excellent first 30, really dominant, aggressive and incisive!

agree with the person who said Podence refuses to give RAN the ball haha!

Palace playing a higher but we were a bit sloppy last ten or so of that half - If I’m nitpicking.
Hopefully we can continue to dominate the ball and create With them playing in more space

This has been really nice to watch so far. The team looks so much more balanced with Ait-Nouri starting, great finish too. Neto has been all over the place, lovely cross.

What we must NOT do, is sit back and defend the lead. Go for the jugular

Could be well set to give Silva a decent run out second half, maintain or improve that 2 goal cushion for 15 minutes or so and if Jimenez is still looking a little peripheral then let him have a rest.

Pleasantly surprised by the line up and rewarded with the best 30 minutes of the season. It must make such a difference to the midfielders knowing they have attacking options on both sides. Really promising start to the young man's Wolves career. Certainly hasn't looked like a debutant.

I reckon we'll get one on the break in the next ten minutes, and then coast to 4, bring Fabio on for the last 25 and he'll score the fifth and final goal.

Great performance.

VAR has done what it was intended to do tonight, not hairline forensic decisions but clear errors. That disallowed goal should serve as a big red flag for what Palace could do if we switch off. If we get a third and kill the game great, if Palace score then it gets unnecessarily nervy. Keep it tight and finish the job this half.

Word for Neves who I think has been outstanding so far.

This has been really nice to watch so far. The team looks so much more balanced with Ait-Nouri starting, great finish too. Neto has been all over the place, lovely cross.
I thought Neto had a superb first half.

Very satisfying first half, much sharper and moving the ball quicker, defended well when they had their decent spell

Agree with giving Fabio a litte more time and maybe Adama when Neto or Podence is tiring and they are done

10 shots with 3 on target for the first half 😳

Great half of football. Very entertaining. Quite content us sitting on the 2-0 and looking for opportunities in the second half to counter.

Townsend may not be a brilliant player, but man can he ever catch a left footed volley. Good on Ruben for getting in the way of that.

Zaha will be looking for a penalty for the remainder of the match I guess

need to back off on these challenges in the box, getting away with some calls this game

yeah just running beside and try to block if he tries a shot, close to a pen

I thought that was sure to be given.

Back