• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 30/10 Build-up & Match Thread

We need to score early in this one and draw Palace out. Hodgson has got them playing on the quick counter, but as the post above says that's predicated on Zaha rediscovering his form. Same 11 for me, except for Ait Nouri at LWB. I expect it to be Marcal for Kilman with Saiss shuffling over though. I wouldn't make specific plans for Zaha, just play our own game well

That’s where the plan falls apart!
We weren't playing the cagey stay in the game in the first half and come on strong in the second strategy on Sunday, we started strongly but didn't score principally due to poor decision making from Raul

As said above, stopping Zaha is key here. Stop him and you stop Palace. He has started the season well, already scored the same amount as all of last season I think (or 1 short) - biggest test for Semedo so far.

We weren't playing the cagey stay in the game in the first half and come on strong in the second strategy on Sunday, we started strongly but didn't score principally due to poor decision making from Raul
Podence was the bigger culprit, if he’d played Neto in in the first half instead of blazing over from 20 yards we’d have been 1-0 up much earlier.

We need to score early in this one and draw Palace out. Hodgson has got them playing on the quick counter, but as the post above says that's predicated on Zaha rediscovering his form. Same 11 for me, except for Ait Nouri at LWB. I expect it to be Marcal for Kilman with Saiss shuffling over though. I wouldn't make specific plans for Zaha, just play our own game well
Can’t see why Kilman would be dropped?

If RAN is brought in, I could understand a more experienced head alongside him at LCB, who also has the benefit of speaking french.

Podence was the bigger culprit, if he’d played Neto in in the first half instead of blazing over from 20 yards we’d have been 1-0 up much earlier.
Raul should have taken a touch when hitting the one from the edge of the box wide and then passed to Podence for close to a tap in instead of slicing wide himself.

I don't think he should, just have a feeling that's what Nuno will do.
Kilman will stay in. Nuno has moved Saiss out of position in one game. Substituted him in the second while leaving Kilman on the pitch so it is set for Kilman to play and Saiss to drop to the bench

Kilman has also not had any Saiss type rushes of blood so I see absolutely no reason to drop him to put Saiss there. Marcal or RAN at LWB would seem to be the sensible move and keep Saiss to come on and close the game properly if/ when we are winning by a couple. That would make sense.

Kilman has also not had any Saiss type rushes of blood so I see absolutely no reason to drop him to put Saiss there. Marcal or RAN at LWB would seem to be the sensible move and keep Saiss to come on and close the game properly if/ when we are winning by a couple. That would make sense.
Even when Kilman was caught out by a ball in behind to Wilson the other night, he showed the pace to get back and make the block - the lads been excellent. His shirt for now.

I’ll be disappointed if Marcal gets in at LWB ahead of Ait-Nouri, but you just know that’s what Nuno will do. Safety first & all that, even though we should be gunning for Palace from the start.

Yep, can't see a reason to drop Kilman. If he was called Max Kilminho and we'd paid £10m for him we'd be thinking we had a bargain. But, like Jinky, I want to see RAN starting at LWB but know I'll be disappointed

I don't mind who comes in out of Aït-Nouri or Marçal, just as long as it's not Saïss. It's unfortunate for Romain because he's not let us down at all but we were quite predictable at times Vs Newcastle with everything going down Semedo's side.

That's the only change that needs to be made though.

We'll need to be wary of Palace's pace on the break tomorrow. They're a completely different proposition to the team we brushed aside at Molineux last season.

Kilman won't get dropped, he's been absolutely brilliant. Better in the air, better in the ball, less rash and the games will only make him better. He doesn't need baby-sitting by having an overly defensive lwb in front of him.

Kilman is in excellent form. Keep him in the team.

RAN is one of the best teenage wing backs in Europe. Put him in the team.

It shouldn't be that difficult.

Kilman won't get dropped, he's been absolutely brilliant. Better in the air, better in the ball, less rash and the games will only make him better. He doesn't need baby-sitting by having an overly defensive lwb in front of him.

Kilman is in excellent form. Keep him in the team.

RAN is one of the best teenage wing backs in Europe. Put him in the team.

It shouldn't be that difficult.
not sure I'd agree he's better than Saiss in the air or on the ball but he is less rash and he's been very good in the last 3 games so I see no reason to drop him atm, and yes I'm in the RAN camp but Nuno might think he's not quite ready......yet

I can't remember whether RAN and/or Vitihna are ours or on a loan to buy option (trawling through the transfer thread I started losing the will to live after 10 pages) but if they are on loan would have thought they will need to get some minutes sooner rather than later

Back