• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 30/10 Build-up & Match Thread

I think they're both on loan with an obligation to buy.

I think they're both on loan with an obligation to buy.
Thats what I thought, so surely we can't afford to give them the same sort of time we gave Donk to work their way into the team/squad

I've not seen obligation mentioned before, just option

I thought it was option on both. Not sure what will happen with Vitinha but I’m positive RAN will become permanent.

It's option on both - which I think we will exercise unless it goes really badly for either.

Have Vitinha and Silva even been playing for the u23s at all? Surely the kids need some pitch time to keep their sharpness up? Or is first team training just better once players have a certain level of ability?

Vitinha played the other day I believe. YW & PQ gave a few updates.
YW posts some great stuff about the fringe players.

Hopefully not a slow passing game like against Newcastle sideways and backwards, taking too many touches...was VERY disappointed with the way we played and as soon as we had scored we sat back and allowed them to play and score..

You know they scored from a free kick that never should have been and some off goal keeping from Rui?

They had 2 shots on target.

I thought our general play was pretty good against Newcastle, just the final third let us down. Nobody breaking into the box to support Raul (not a new problem) and the final ball was poor

You know they scored from a free kick that never should have been and some off goal keeping from Rui?

They had 2 shots on target.
I know but we backed down to our own third as soon as we had scored..wouldnt have happened if we didnt

I know but we backed down to our own third as soon as we had scored..wouldnt have happened if we didnt
The opposition team will always attack if they go behind late on. If we didn’t defend they’d score anyway.

The opposition team will always attack if they go behind late on. If we didn’t defend they’d score anyway.
I dont think so, they are not that good..we should have continued to be on the front foot

This will be a more even game so maybe we can counter on them..really want us to develop one touch football more and not be so slow, taking two three touches every time..then we can break up teams who are sitting back also, which I think we lack. Want us to close games up also trying to score another rather than sit back(of course depends on the quality of the opposition)

This will be a more even game so maybe we can counter on them..really want us to develop one touch football more and not be so slow, taking two three touches every time..then we can break up teams who are sitting back also, which I think we lack. Want us to close games up also trying to score another rather than sit back(of course depends on the quality of the opposition)
We aren't countering against Palace.

Back