• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dave Edwards

James

No Tag
Reaction score
Hey all,

Forgive me dropping this in here but I think it's relevant enough to drop it here. (this is not about him scoring and please let me be serious for a change)

I sent an email to Wolves wishes about my little brother Robert. He is 20 years of age and suffers with Cerebral Palsy, he is a massive Wolves fan and his favourite player is Dave Edwards mainly because Robert thinks that he is well... in his words "one of our most loyal and best players".

I wrote this email talking about his life and how little chance he has been given in anything he's done. He's broken the proverbial glass ceiling so many times and now he is probably the person I wish I was because he has so much confidence and does really make people smile no matter who he meets.

Earlier this week I received a phone call from Wolves themselves inviting Robert, Myself and my other brother David to the game which we were massively grateful for. We went to the ticket collection and in this envelope was a hand written letter from Dave himself! We read this letter and I have to admit that it brought a tear to my eye that Dave could write something so personal for Robert. It was one of the best games that I have been to with Robert and when Dave Edwards scored the winner the amount of relief that was in my mind was nothing compared to the elation of Roberts. He did call Danny Batth a stupid tit but that's him.

Fast forward 24 hours to today and I've had another call from the club explaining about Dave's letter and how he was touched by Roberts story. I have been informed by the club that Dave after game asked about Robert and has requested that his match shirt is to be sent to Robert signed by himself.

I just want to say thank you in the public environment to the club for passing on my email to Dave and a massive thank you to Dave Edwards for making Roberts dream come true.

For me Penk it's not about the story, it's about the amazing thing that one of our players has done for someone. It just seemed like something worth sharing instead of the usual moaning or stupidness from myself.

I would expect any decent person to do the same in Dave's position.

Lovely for you and your family.

That's fantastic!

Your brother must be so happy!

I would expect any decent person to do the same in Dave's position.

Lovely for you and your family.

I know the club has done it a thousand times for people and maybe a few more. of us on the forum but it's good to know we have some amazingly caring players.

It was all about Robert and he blooming enjoyed his day.

A wonderful gesture by the club and Dave Edwards. I am glad you all enjoyed the day.

Fair play to Dave and those involved. Hope your Bro had a great time jimbo.

Thats fantastic, nice to hear positive acts from a much maligned group i.e. Football and Football players

Terrific story James.
Good on yer for posting it up here.
Delighted for your kid brother.

Ha! When you said about your little brother Robert, it made me laugh when you then said, he's 20....!!

Made you sound like you were 50!

A good story - think we have a number of players who will 'do the right thing' - & BTW James you can tell Robert that he is correct - Danny Batth was a 'stupid tit' yesterday (really surprised that Karl didn't clean him out to take the ball, but suppose that he was too close to react quickly enough)

A good story - think we have a number of players who will 'do the right thing' - & BTW James you can tell Robert that he is correct - Danny Batth was a 'stupid tit' yesterday (really surprised that Karl didn't clean him out to take the ball, but suppose that he was too close to react quickly enough)

I think that Ikeme held back a little but but eh we won the match so it doesn't matter much now.

Terrific story James.
Good on yer for posting it up here.
Delighted for your kid brother.

Ha! When you said about your little brother Robert, it made me laugh when you then said, he's 20....!!

Made you sound like you were 50!

Im 21 if that makes it any worse for you WH...

Hey all,

Forgive me dropping this in here but I think it's relevant enough to drop it here. (this is not about him scoring and please let me be serious for a change)

I sent an email to Wolves wishes about my little brother Robert. He is 20 years of age and suffers with Cerebral Palsy, he is a massive Wolves fan and his favourite player is Dave Edwards mainly because Robert thinks that he is well... in his words "one of our most loyal and best players".

I wrote this email talking about his life and how little chance he has been given in anything he's done. He's broken the proverbial glass ceiling so many times and now he is probably the person I wish I was because he has so much confidence and does really make people smile no matter who he meets.

Earlier this week I received a phone call from Wolves themselves inviting Robert, Myself and my other brother David to the game which we were massively grateful for. We went to the ticket collection and in this envelope was a hand written letter from Dave himself! We read this letter and I have to admit that it brought a tear to my eye that Dave could write something so personal for Robert. It was one of the best games that I have been to with Robert and when Dave Edwards scored the winner the amount of relief that was in my mind was nothing compared to the elation of Roberts. He did call Danny Batth a stupid tit but that's him.

Fast forward 24 hours to today and I've had another call from the club explaining about Dave's letter and how he was touched by Roberts story. I have been informed by the club that Dave after game asked about Robert and has requested that his match shirt is to be sent to Robert signed by himself.

I just want to say thank you in the public environment to the club for passing on my email to Dave and a massive thank you to Dave Edwards for making Roberts dream come true.

Very nice story James, he must have really enjoyed that final goal..and a good game.

Really nice to hear this. And how lucky that you got invited not only to an exciting game, but he comes on as a sub to grab the winner!!

And it all started with a random letter. Couldn't have planned it better. :)

Great stuff James. Sounds like your Bro had a top day, and now he gets the match winners shirt!

Sounds like you & your brothers had a fantastic day James. A top day to be a Wolves fan and a Dave Edwards fan in particular.

We all dream of a team of Dave Edwards'.

Fantastic story, I love hearing stories like this about our lads. Reminds me of TSB's story about Doyle.

Good on you James for initiating the whole thing by writing that letter

And that stories started my day with a smile, excellent :)

Back