• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (H) 4-0 to the wan-der-ers VERDICT THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where is pac a mac? Shit competition any way...

We looked excellent once we went 3-5-2, I think it’s a great option when we’re ahead in games but that has barely happened this season so it’s been hard to put into practice!

Draw for last 16 is a week today. Games played 12th and 19th March if anyone wants to do some forward planning...

As The Bion said, we looked much better after switching to 352, though hard to tell how it would have played out if the score had been 0-0.

I am still going to throw it out there: Does the team as a whole generally play better without Adama? Everything goes through him at the moment, and though he is a genuine pleasure to watch and he almost always gets past the full back, either his cross is poor (not going into that again) or he spends too much time attracting and shaking off markers so that the opposition defence can get back to crowd out the box. We lose all directness on the counter as everything takes longer and the ball usually ends up close to the corner flag for Adama to cross it to a lone Raul surrounded by four defenders. During the second half of last season we had a lot more runs with the ball from Jota and Raul closer to the centre of the pitch and more directly towards the goal, I though we looked a lot more dangerous then.

Without a question doc plays better without Adama, I thought he had an excellent game last night, especially after the latter went off and he got to run the channel a bit more.

We wouldn’t have been 2 up without Adama, so as good as we looked after Espanyol had given up they wouldn’t have given up without him.

We looked excellent once we went 3-5-2, I think it’s a great option when we’re ahead in games but that has barely happened this season so it’s been hard to put into practice!

Been unable to do it much with Donk in defence and Benno falling out of favour.

Goodness me, Joe Edwards gives Jota 10/10 for last night and Saiss 7/10. I'll have whatever he's drinking... Thought the Saiss pass leading to the 4th goal was brilliant

We wouldn’t have been 2 up without Adama, so as good as we looked after Espanyol had given up they wouldn’t have given up without him.

I thought that we didn't play as well as we could have first half but all of the decent chances were created by us, including theirs! The first goal came from a corner won by Traore and the second from a headed clearance from a cross of his. He could have also had a couple of goals in first half and they were scared to death of him. He had a massive impact on the game whilst he was on the pitch.

Its fabulous that we have so many options in the wide positions and can also easily change it to a front two instead of three.

I thought that we didn't play as well as we could have first half but all of the decent chances were created by us, including theirs! The first goal came from a corner won by Traore and the second from a headed clearance from a cross of his. He could have also had a couple of goals in first half and they were scared to death of him. He had a massive impact on the game whilst he was on the pitch.

Its fabulous that we have so many options in the wide positions and can also easily change it to a front two instead of three.

I thought it was one of Traore’s poorer games, he looked a little out of sorts and didn’t bounce up from fouls like he often does. That said he creates most of our goals either directly or indirectly - player like Jota and Raul have so much more time and space when he plays.

Goodness me, Joe Edwards gives Jota 10/10 for last night and Saiss 7/10. I'll have whatever he's drinking... Thought the Saiss pass leading to the 4th goal was brilliant

I would have had Boly, Saiss and Neves all ahead of him to be MOTM.

Unless the answer is Neto, I don't think we have the midfield to play a 352 against defensive minded sides. None of the usual 3 are going to break into the box, which could leave the front 2 isolated. It's good though to have 2 formations which we can easily alternate

Saiss was excellent yesterday, he gives everything he has every game. I still think Boly looks better on the left, especially going forward. It’s a good problem to have.

Review of Neto was of real in depth journalistic analysis too "had a few good touches" no mention whatsoever of the potential goal of the season contender.

Looks like Rosie handed Edwards the Paul Lambert sponsored Romain Saiss 7/10 baton.

Draw for last 16 is a week today. Games played 12th and 19th March if anyone wants to do some forward planning...
Pfft! this is amateurish. I already know kenny has planned numerous social engagements across the next 4 months with potential europa league dates in mind (final aside...)

Pfft! this is amateurish. I already know kenny has planned numerous social engagements across the next 4 months with potential europa league dates in mind (final aside...)

Given that the bookies now have Wolves around 7/1 or 8/1 to win it - which implies maybe 7/2 to make the final - he's almost certainly right...

Numerous = 1...

I beginning to think that Rui has fucked Raul off in training or something. 2 games in a row he has been put right in the shit by him from 50 yards away...that said, catch that ball Rui! the ref isn't giving a back pass for that. It looks so bad on the replay, then his 2nd attempt to kick is just as bad and then a brilliant save to wrap it up!

and those going to Barcelona next week....enjoy the party boys and girls. Its going to be fookin epic

a5e6d42c-e2ff-431f-a858-77b00f50c214.jpg

Seems VAR on that one just backed the ref as he and his assistant had the perfect view of it. Thought it might go to the screen check but hey ho. Them staying at 11 men was better for us anyway I think.

That incident aside, I thought the ref last night was superb. Better than anything we have had in the Prem League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back