• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 1-3 Wolves: The Verdict

a *tactic nicked* from Cloughs Euro winning Forest IIRC
Edit *used by

This is a great article and shows just how well-coached the team is with the game plan. It's why Nuno always references our "shape" in interviews - we don't press high, but when we do press, we press really effectively, turning defence into attack in a matter of seconds. It goes to show that Nuno and the coaching team are, in my view, the best of all of the signings that we've made.

This is a great article and shows just how well-coached the team is with the game plan. It's why Nuno always references our "shape" in interviews - we don't press high, but when we do press, we press really effectively, turning defence into attack in a matter of seconds. It goes to show that Nuno and the coaching team are, in my view, the best of all of the signings that we've made.

I agree against most sides you can see Wolves have a better more open tactical plan which bodes well as we add more quality into that framework.

It goes to show that Nuno and the coaching team are, in my view, the best of all of the signings that we've made.

Agreed.

Keeping hold of Nuno and his team is more important than keeping hold of our best players.

Regarding the xG discussion earlier, this type of thing is where it's best applied IMO.

9d97831a3208e7db3ed060825bb93d8a.jpg

If there's one player I'd like us to sign on that list who might be a realistic target it's David Brooks.

Quite like the look of that Messi guy personally...

Didn't Dan suggest Haller?

The only problem with that is that it shows opportunities, not how good you are at converting them. Ryan Sessegnon for example has only scored 2 goals, despite his high xg per shot. That’s probably because most of his chances are relatively good ones but he’s not scored - and I remember one of the two being almost a tap in.

Where I like these kinds of stats is xg per goal, to show how good the finishing is, and Xa, to show how good the opportunities a player has created are (and big chances created).

Agreed.

Keeping hold of Nuno and his team is more important than keeping hold of our best players.

fully agreed, signing new/replacement players in relatively simple given our spending power, but replacing Nuno and the staff fairly impossible.

Back